Is it really possible to break free

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
bob p

Is it really possible to break free

Post by bob p » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:05 pm

I know ive been up and down so many times before but this time ive had a tough time getting back above water. Need a little boost from my fellow peer partners. Thank you.

coachchris

Re: Is it really possible to break free

Post by coachchris » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Bob-thanks for posting and reaching outs. Where do you feel stuck? What good things are happening around you? I always find exercise is helpful to boost my body and my mind.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

MLafferty

Post by MLafferty » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:51 pm

I spend alot of time in prayer.....that helps but its a continuous effort for me. I agree also with exercising, just getting the motivation to do it. I will be praying.

bob p

Post by bob p » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:19 pm

thank you sooo much for replying. when i feel anxious and depressed not many people know because i hide it pretty well. i usually get stuck with my thinking. i know everyone has skeletons in their closet so im not abnormal. i believe when i had my first panic attack, i was very afraid of the way i was actually seeing. i know its hard to understand but i feel as though its through anxious eyes. i get it now and im starting to realize it brings on a whole slew of other problems. if i can just calm myself down originally i think all the other thoughts and feelings will not follow. thank you all sooooo much. the stresscenter is awesome.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi Bob,

So glad you're doing better. I agree that one symptom can domino into another worry and more symptoms. It's very freeing when we recognize the adrenalin right out the gate, under-react to it, trace where it's coming from and then problem solve and breathe. We are safe and we are in control.

Keep us posted on your week.
We love to hear from you!
Coach Chris

bob p

Post by bob p » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks coach chris. I appreciate all you do. Priceless.

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:31 am

Bob,Do you ever do volunteer work? Sometimes helping other people with their problems can be a big distraction from our own.I know it always makes me feel better to help someone less fortunate,or anyone for that matter.I personally think thats why were here.When you try to solve someone elses problem your problems dont seem so bad. ;)

bob p

Post by bob p » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Thats a great idea. I think my big problem is time. With 4 kids and living on expensive long island i never make the time. But it will be on my new years things to make time for. Thank you very much.