Always searching...

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Dragonfly11

Always searching...

Post by Dragonfly11 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:32 am

I feel like I'm never satisfied. It's like I'm always trying to sabotage my own life. I have this great relationship, but I'm always questioning it and comparing it and myself. No matter how good it is, it's not as good as I imagine everyone else's is. Same with my job. Same with my hobbies. I'm just never happy or satisfied, and I always feel like I'm missing out. Am I crazy??? Is it in my head? Why can't I JUST BE HAPPY!?!?! Does anyone else go through this? Like I said, It's like I'm always looking for new ways to sabotage my life. :|

coachchris

Re: Always searching...

Post by coachchris » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 am

Hi Dragon,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your recent post and reaching out. Having high expectations is certainly common for people with anxiety/depression. Lessons 3 and 4 in the the program program helps us discover a more realistic approach and develop more gratitude. You mention self-sabotaging. What do you get when you self-sabotage? Do get attention from others or an excuse to not change?

Your awareness is really good and it sounds like your ready for change. I would be happy to schedule a free coaching call with you if you would like talk. bootcamp@stresscenter.com

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris