I think I'm depressed but not sure....

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
falconea1

I think I'm depressed but not sure....

Post by falconea1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi all,

I suffer from general anxiety but now I think I may also be depressed. The funny thing is, I don't really know if I am. At one time I felt as if I had more zest for lift. Lately though, I don't feel like doing anything! I don't feel like hanging out with friends, I barely talk to anyone at work, when I was in a relationship, I barely wanted to have relations with her (we eventually broke up). I say I like being alone but I don't like that I like being alone. I really don't want to do anything these days but be and stay by myself. I'm not exactly sure why. I tell myself I want to get married and have kids but, I don't even want to date anyone now. All I do is wake up, go to work, come home and try to relax. It's almost as if my anxiety makes me so exhausted, that all I want to do is nothing when I have the chance. It's kinda sad because there is a whole life out there. I used to be goal oriented, determined, sociable. I landed my dream job a few years back which lasted for about 6 years. Used to date all the time etc. Ever since, me and my gf broke up in March, I've been more and more in a funk. An recent org change at work has me even more anxious now bc more work is going to fall on me and I'm still sort of new there. I know I need to step it up at work now, but I really don't want to. It's like I've lost my motivation and mojo. I want to quit my job but I can't just do that. Does anyone else feel this way?

bob p

Re: I think I'm depressed but not sure....

Post by bob p » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:26 am

actually yes, i do and so does my sister. i think we have to push ourselves a bit and get out there and smell the fresh air and DO things. you can do it, i know you can. go to the gym or go for a walk after work. my prob is i do not have much time with 4 kids and i am a knucklehead when it comes to planning but i am getting a little better. never never never give up. good luck.