Depression and dealing with Death.

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MoeyLee

Depression and dealing with Death.

Post by MoeyLee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi everyone, It has been awhile since I have posted on this site and been active here.. I am posting because I am going through some depression well not just some a lot along with my anxiety and panic also being bi-polar and ocd etc... such an array !
What I am going through right now is so hard I feel so alone because my Step Dad and my Brother passed away within months of each other leaving my Mom to live alone well she started feeling sick she had already lost her right eye to Melanoma which isn't related to melanoma of the skin so Please don't worry about that.. but she now has it in her whole body and I did my best to take care of her at her house and mine but she was just to hard to take care of and also I have physical and mental health problems myself.. I feel very guilty she is in a nursing home but she has to be but I am so sad and depressed and at a loss as to how to face losing my Mommy I am 48 yrs old and people say why do you call her your Mommy why not just Mom well I didn't really have a close relationship with her until I was older and even then it was hard because she always had my Brother and step dad to care for..or hang out with but once I get her back into my life she is now going to leave me... I hate this so much and I don't know how to say good bye and I hate seeing her in pain and losing weight...
Family and Friends really have shown me just how they are they don't show any effort in trying to help out even when I had her at home all the people she helped dumped her off and stopped calling because she couldn't jump and run for them.. its so sad people turn their backs on a sick friend or family member.. THEN TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING OR SHOULDNT BE.. well I don't listen to them of course but it just frustrates me to no end.... I need help myself I need brain surgery but I wont do that until my Mom is gone and my son is married in Sept.. I have to be alive for them.. I am scared yes of a lot of things... :(..

sorry for rambling I just needed to talk or vent but I cry a lot and Pray a lot.. I know I am not perfect and I will never be but I just Pray God works a Miracle on my Mommy...
Thanks for reading any help would be great..
Ramona

randy c.

Re: Depression and dealing with Death.

Post by randy c. » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Ramona, Im sorry for your loss.Death is very hard to deal with, especially when its family. I think what your feeling is normal,so dont beat yourself up. :)

lockdo

Re: Depression and dealing with Death.

Post by lockdo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:11 pm

I hope you are getting through it. I lost my uncle a couple of weeks ago and I am struggling a little bit. :(