Just depressed & need support

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Shihtzulover

Just depressed & need support

Post by Shihtzulover » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:13 am

What if there's no motivation at all? My personality has gotten dull. I feel lifeless. I feel nothing.

I try to take in the beauty of nature, but I don't feel a thing. I can't & haven't felt the warmth of love. I can't make friends.

I just need support...

S3anne

Re: Just depressed & need support

Post by S3anne » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 pm

I can relate to how you feel. I still struggle with connecting to the things that I used to enjoy or that make me feel better/happy. It was hard for me in the beginning, especially, to get through that fog of depression, but I pushed myself to do at least one positive thing each day (no matter how small - even just opening half the curtains on a sunny day!) and even if I didn't feel the benefits of it right away - I knew that I was trying and, that, combined with re-starting the Program eventually caught up with me and now I feel a lot of the good/happier/peaceful/positive effects. Just trust that it will get better. Sticking to the program and reaching out here on this site and relating to other people going through similar situations has worked wonders for me. Have you started the Program yet? Take care & keep us posted! You are not alone.

CarolMoore

Post by CarolMoore » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:03 am

Coming out of the depression is not an easy task. It needs support from the people who are close to us and also self-determination to come out of it. Try to do the things which you like, tell the situation to your the person you trust so that he/she can give some solutions. You can also seek help from a doctor or start taking a massage therapy from an expert therapist.

kkiefer123

Post by kkiefer123 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 am

I hear you. I am in the same boat and it scares me so baldy. I keep thinking that if I this program doesn't work for me than what is next? I have tried several different medications with no success.

I am going to give it my all and tell myself that even if I might not believe it right now I will get better with this program. I am worth it and the people that I love are worth it. I am just now in the first week of the program; have you started the program yet? I would love to keep in touch with you!

CarolMoore

Post by CarolMoore » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:07 am

As I said before massage therapy works to reduce stress and depression you can find a nice massage therapist for the same. For this you can check with some of the massage therapist directory. I have found find Massage Therapist online directory very useful for this.

sarahabel83

Post by sarahabel83 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:53 am

I think you need some motivation towards life. Read books and hang out with your friends. Do whatever you like or something that can give you pleasure. If you like then listen to some motivational speeches. This can be good for you. Here I am sharing the list of top motivational boosters . Hope this will help you.
http://www.slideshare.net/JodyUrquhart/ ... le-booster

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Love all of this great support here! You guys are the best!

Coach Chris StressCenter.com
bootcamp@stresscenter.com

CarolMoore

Post by CarolMoore » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 am

Your welcome.