When you are on your own

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
PaulWW

When you are on your own

Post by PaulWW » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am

I was the Sole Carer (Son) for My Mother 24/7 for a minimum of Nine Years, who turned 95 last June, but died early August.
I am now on my own. Home feels like a Prison.
Seems that I am unable to get a job (I am 60 and who wants someone that old!).
What to do? Where to go? I just sit at home most days. Nothing seems to get done.
Although, have been to local places doing an hour's playing {Physical keyboard/organ playing -- Music Therapy}, now and again, that doesn't put food on the table (Volunteer Work).
Have one stranger (not a relation) who with her husband checks up on me, every three or four days.
Cannot trust local relations. (Only saw four times a year, when Mum alive)
Paul W
"Down Under"

bob p

Re: When you are on your own

Post by bob p » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 pm

hey paul. sorry about your mom but you can do it and i know your mom would say the same thing. what a great thing you did for her and now it is your time to get out and enjoy life. you deserve it and can do it. one foot in front of the other and you will be on your way. there are plenty of jobs out there for 60 year olds, you just have to keep at it and never, never, never give up (winston churchhill). good luck. bob