Feeling Isolated

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
beautifulheart

Feeling Isolated

Post by beautifulheart » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:31 am

ISOLATION
I live on an island called sickness
The sky is always cloudy
Views are dark and dim
The rain of friendship all dried up
Mists of tears obscure sea
Medication clouds the sky
Water is now turned bitter
All travellers pass on by
Communication means have been turned off
The economy has failed
There is nothing left to market
The island is shut down
There is only one inhabitant
Struggling to maintain
The light within is dimming
The only commodity
Pain

Feeling so down. Sick and tired and lost my pep pep positivity. :cry:
Everything seems so hopeless. I am so lonely and too sick to get out of bed. I'm a good fighter usually but seem to be hitting the wall. Help me please. :(

PaulWW

Re: Feeling Isolated

Post by PaulWW » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:30 pm

Dear BeautifulHeart,
what a lovely way you have expressed your feelings.
I too can relate to what you are saying.
The thing is we don't realise that there are others similar to us, around this little planet we call home.
Try to get out of bed, have something to eat, see if there are others here, that you could also help. They may be worse than you think and could be greatly helped by a fighter like you, and your personal experiences.
Try to smile, and "look for that silver lining"
Paul W
"Down Under"
AUSTRALIA

beautifulheart

Post by beautifulheart » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 am

Thank you for your kind reply. Good to hear from another person 'downunder'. :)

I don't feel like much of a fighter right now but having said that my body has been doing a great job of fighting for me this week.

Your are right. There are many other people living on their islands: islands of grief, islands of old age etc. I am not the only one.

I need to find my ticket for the ferry back to the mainland!

PaulWW

Post by PaulWW » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Dear Beautiful Heart,
Firstly, don't worry about getting a ticket for the fairy "back to the Mainland", have a look around just where you are physically. Is there anyone, or thing (like a pet), that could benefit from your "words of encouragement", right now?
You have such a wonderful "way with words", and it is these "little things" that make the place in which we live a better place. So keep up the poetry/prose.
You are uplifted, and cared for.
Yes, I, personally, believe that things happen for a reason. {It happens to me everyday — you see, I start every day with a very dangerous Prayer, that has consequences, if one prays it: "Hey Lord, what are You doing today? I want to be part of it!" and then wait, and be prepared/open to "have to do" things (may be every so small, like just a smile, or actually having to speak to strangers, etc).}
Paul W
"Down Under"
Regional N.S.W.
AUSTRALIA

beautifulheart

Post by beautifulheart » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you Paul.
:)

Dragonfly11

Post by Dragonfly11 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:07 am

I am going through a particularly awful period as well. My parents are both sick and they are my best friends. I am so blessed to have them. But all I can think is that I'd be alone if I lost them. I have a boyfriend, but he doesn't understand. My brothers are in other states. I have tons of aquaintances, but no real "friends." I don't know how to make friends. I feel so alone and scared. I feel as though if I died tomorrow, no one would realize it for weeks. :*(