Fear having kids?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Dragonfly11

Fear having kids?

Post by Dragonfly11 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Do you all ever fear having children? I am terrified of having kids because I don't want to pass this on to them. I don't want them to go through the confusion I went through as a child...not understanding why I couldn't be happy like other kids, thinking so deeply all the time, not finding joy in basic things the way others did. I was so confused and unhappy and felt so different. I'm so scared that I'll pass this on to them. Of all the things I can give them, I'm afraid it'll be this.

bob p

Re: Fear having kids?

Post by bob p » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:27 pm

as you already know depression and anxiety can be treated and you are now filling yourself with all the helpful anecdotes to help yourself and you kids if and when you have them. you can do it. you never know, your kids might be just the thing you need. good luck on your decision. bob

Jess2005

Re: Fear having kids?

Post by Jess2005 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I always fear about it... I am 31 and a lot of my friends have children I wonder if I will be able to deal with that.. seems I can barely deal with myself but I LOVE children and can't see myself later on in life without children I am just scared all the time.. so I totally understand passing all that to them... :?