Sometimes I want to give up

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
jmis1120

Sometimes I want to give up

Post by jmis1120 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi everyone.
There are times i just want to give up. I never think about commiting suicide, but I do think about "whats the point of living". When i tell people what i go through, they judge me. All they can say is "doesnt sound bad? or Its all in your head you can easily get rid of it". By the way this is my first day on this sight. I would like if people could respond to my post and let me know everything will be ok and that WE as a group will get through this. Becuase i still have hope for everyone. I have read stories that are in a tough situation. If i could id help everyone personally with anxiety,panic attack, and depression problems. Its a horrible thing...
im the type of person who would help everybody if possible. I try to advice many, and bacause of that many people trust me and talk to me. The only problem is, some people think my life is perfect and never give me advice or hope. I been dealing with this anxiety problem by my self. I'd like a little push from others!
Stay possitive and know you are in this plant for a reason, God is not punishing you, nor its a cures. We are here to show others we are stronger than they think!
much love to my strangers!
-janet

Dragonfly11

Re: Sometimes I want to give up

Post by Dragonfly11 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 pm

I know what you mean. Sometimes the idea of dealing with this forever is daunting. I just try to remember that I was given this for a reason and I can overcome it, somehow. For whatever reason, this is the challenge we have been given.

You CAN do this. If it helps, I've learned that you have to think about today...as soon as you start thinking about the rest of your life, it becomes too much. You're not alone, I promise. At the very least, there are two of us. :)

Hugs!

findpeace

Post by findpeace » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14 am

jmis1120, I am not at your point, but I am having a tough go this morning with being depressed. I am trying positive thoughts, but there is still some depression.

I am trying to think of today, instead of some drive in my car I have to do this Saturday (which is the roots of the problem). My therapist is back from vacation and I will see him on Wednesday.

Lets all get through this together and I'm chalking this up to a tough morning and I will try to make the rest of the day better.

klbenner

Post by klbenner » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:14 pm

I got the program in March. I have listened to tapes 1 and 2 and 3 and watch the coaching video dvds, at least once a week. I suffer from chronic depression and what is suggested in tape 3 and the coaching video for week 3 have helped me immensely. The suggestion of writing down your negative thoughts in a spiral notebook or journal or any paper you can get your hands on, helps me a lot.

This is the first time I have logged into this site and am new to the program. In the 90's my girlfriend bought me the book and the tapes. I didn't follow through with it. I lost the new workbook, so I have to use the old workbook.

I am going to listen to tape 2 and the relaxation tape this week and read Chapter 2 in the old workbook.

Karen B

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Never give up! I was where you are now years ago and I finally found help so I know you can too. I used the TEA forms method of CBT from the book by Sam Obitz which is very similar to some of Lucinda's program and turned my life around over several months after trying and failing to get better through a multitude of other treatments. Sometimes it takes a while but it is worth all the effort to feel better.

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:36 pm

We all have breaking points!!! Please go to counseling if this the way you feel. Don't give up. I will pray for you!!! :D

notimpressed

Post by notimpressed » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:12 am

I know what you are talking about because life for my family is not positive at all. I hate when others on the outside say or judge me too. Because of the judging I had kept to myself even more (as not letting others know my feelings because of fear of being judged). I try to stay positive hoping things will return back to normal but it seems like nothing is helping. I have no support here at home so that is why I chose to come here, this is my first time on here. :(

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Dragonfly is right. We need to think about today, not what may happen next week. Whatever we are worried about happening in the future, may never happen or it may resolve itself before we reach that point. All we really have is today, right now.
I think that everyone on here is pretty good at being supportive and positive for others. The only problem is how long it may take to get a reply and that in itself may be discouraging. I do wish that there were more people on here that were more active.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Jmis,
Are you still around? I and I am sure many others would love to hear an update on how you are doing?
Hope you are feeling better!

Dragonfly11

Post by Dragonfly11 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 am

I would love to hear an update, too. I'm going through a particularly horrible depression right now and the only thing keeping my going is taking care of my dogs and keeping them healthy and happy. I would love to hear that someone else is doing better.