so damn lonely

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
mack

so damn lonely

Post by mack » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:07 pm

i'm in the middle of a major depressive bout right now. docs are trying new meds and new cognitive therapies, but most of the time i feel i can't improve because i have absolutely no life. i live in a very small town with minimal things to do socially that don't involve drinking. i'm fighting going out as i write this because i know i will drink. i can't go to a bar and not drink. i'm 38 years old, single, trying to cope with this crap, and can't find a way to distract myself socially. new meds are making me feel a bit funky, but i'm just really down on myself because i'm so lonely that i feel pitiful. just want to sleep all the time, but now that sucks because i'm on a cpap machine. needless to say i'm going through a tough time. doc/medicine bills are piling up and i've been missing work here and there. can't find a positive thing to tell myself except that my family has been there for me, but they live far enough away from me that i can't just go visit when i'm lonely. love to hear any suggestions.

peony

Re: so damn lonely

Post by peony » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:13 am

Hi

I see you originally logged on here in 2007. How many times have you completed the program?

I started a little over a year ago and had gppd results which started to fade after I finished, so I have started again. I think session 3 is totally key.

Something I started due to this program is my gym membership. I find that going to the gym gives me 2 things. 1 excercise and 2 mild socializing. I find everyone is smily and happy if not downright sociable at my gym because they are doing something enjoyable and good for them. I always feel better after a sweaty workout.

Hope this helps.

reb2013

Re: so damn lonely

Post by reb2013 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 am

Mack I feel as you do. I live alone with not much family close by. Wish I could sleep as you do. This is a terrible thing with nervous and fidgety stuff at a high in the mornings. Wonder why that is?
I hope this goes away soon.
Good luck.
r