just looking for friends

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Lyndsy710

just looking for friends

Post by Lyndsy710 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Hell everyone,
im on my third session of the program and it has been helping me beat my anxiety so far. I thought for the longest time I was crazy and nobody undestood me. I have attempted suicide, I was a cutter, used alcohol and xanax just to feel "normal" and I thought this was okay for the longest time and i didnt care if anyone thought otherwise. Eventually I could see that this wasnt a route I wanted to go on, doing all of that just made things more negative. I was at my wits end with all of this when my grandmother bought me this program. It made me feel so happy on the first session just to hear others with my story so I knew i wasnt losing my mind. I still struggle every day but im confident that this will help me. Im also bipolar along with my anxiety disorder. I do take 400mg of lamictal each day and it seems to help with the bipoar emotional rollercoaster but its not a end all solution. The anxiety was and is still awful but I do have hope. It would be nice just to connect with other people going through this so I have a friend who understands that I can turn to. Hope to hear from some of you soon :)

Lyndsy710

Re: just looking for friends

Post by Lyndsy710 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm

I meant Hello haha

Brannon

Post by Brannon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Hello, Lyndsy. You and I have MANY things in common. I will send you a private message...

CharlesGary

Post by CharlesGary » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I really appreciate you sharing this issue because it is so similar to mine. Just like you , I just want to be normal and not have to go through all these fears and anxieties.