I NEED SOME SUNSHINE....SOMEONE?...sigh!!!

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
nicamo

I NEED SOME SUNSHINE....SOMEONE?...sigh!!!

Post by nicamo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 pm

OKAY HOW DO I START

Well first of all, hello to all of you. I've been here before, years before.

I've been suffering from Depression and Anxiety, panic attacks, i've avoided so many things that my world is sooo small. I've missed so many precious family moments and family losses. I got this program in 2008 and I hesitated a while before opening the package, because the simple fact of opening the package got me very anxious. Finally I got the courage to open the package and started doing the lesson plans, listening to the audio cds and doing the relaxation cd, but to be honest the cd doesn't relax me at all... :D So I left the program, I was expecting FAST results and I was feeling very anxious. As soon as I felt a little better I quit cold turkey.

Now, years passed and still i'm struggling with anxiety and panic mainly panic attacks, they scare me sooo much. I hate them, so of course I avoid everything that my mind sets or tricks me into getting a panic attack. I avoid driving, going on airplanes, on the bus long trips, going out with my friends, it's like I have a certain radius that means I feel safe because i'm close to home, so "home" is my safety (argh... :cry: ) But I don't want to feel like that anymore, I cannot cry no-more, i've cried tooo much and that doesn't make the situation better. It's like if I cry I expect a magical fairy with her wand to come and zap me out of that hole...I know I need to move my behind and take action. Lucinda says that we have to live the panic attacks, but they scare me so much. When I get a panic attack I feel like if I have a demon inside me, and i'm never going to feel better....they're gonna bust an exorcism on me LOL....but serious, those thoughts and panic attacks scare me.

YOu know since the beginning when I got my first panic attack and depression I remember I got a blasphemous thought about God, and Oh mah lord!!!! whooa I was like a wild-fire spreading. So the blasphemous thoughts get me, I think "what if" it's really me thinking that stuff?? but I can't, I love God, and everything he does. But it's like I have a necessity to think something bad, sooooo I'm thinking I have OCD blasphemous thoughts!!! oh $h!T...that tooo?? man, then I think "what if" God's punishing me for the thoughts? what if I'm condemn? So to be honest, I cannot see myself the way I was before the anxiety and stuff, I mean the independent me. I would fly, take the bus, drive to other states, cities, and now?? My question is: ARE THERE PEOPLE AS BAD AS ME OUT THERE? AND IF SO, DOES THE PROGRAM REALLY HELP?

coachchris

Re: I NEED SOME SUNSHINE....SOMEONE?...sigh!!!

Post by coachchris » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Nicoma,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your post and the courage to reach out.

Your story is a very common one, especially regarding your spiritual thoughts. And yes, people do get better using the program. What is amazing that we learn how to think on the things that are good and true, just like the scriptures teach us. We also learn how to be present moment, positive and exit worry thoughts quickly.

Most of our negatives thoughts are just lies we have let in and gotten caught up questioning. We love to analyze thoughts and we think we can 'think' our way out of the this bad habit. It's a lot about control.

As we work the program we learn to let go of negative thoughts and feelings. We don't have to analyze them we can let them float by. The thoughts are not true or helpful. These are just some skills that we pick up and have to practice as we go through the lessons. It takes a lot of work. Lesson 2 is going to very important so I would review that and be sure to practice the six steps. Once we can learn to breathe through adrenalin and body symptoms we can then move into positive/truthful selftalk. Be patient and stay committed. Email us we are here to help.

If you would like to setup a free coaching call I would love to talk. You can private message me or email me at stresscoachmattice@gmail.com.

Trust in yourself, trust God's love for you and trust the program.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

nicamo

Post by nicamo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 pm

coach chris,
thank you so much, I'm sorry I barely saw your reply, i'm still learning to use the board of index. Sigh!! I don't want to listen to the thoughts but sometimes I can't shut them up,they are sooo loud!!! I'm feeling rather depressed right now because I was in Sunday School at my church and a blasphemous thought passed thru my head about my pastor, and I felt in that moment that a bucket of freezing water was poured over me, i tried not to pay attention and began to pray, but then I started feeling weird, so i tried not to pay attention to the body symptoms, but I felt that at that minute God was going to punish me, and that a demon was going to take me away, why was I thinking that? what was I doing in church? etc...Oh God! sigh!! damn this is tiring, how can I just turn my brain off?? this is getting on my nerves...hay, hay, hay Dios mio!

VJosaphat

Post by VJosaphat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 am

Anxiety is one big fat lie.
I live with anxiety daily. Weekends when my husband is home it isn't as bad. He is my safety net. I know I shouldn't allow him to be. but its just peace around him.
I feel all the time like I am dying. As soon as the Dr tells me that I am not dying from one thing. I will find something else wrong with me that I am dying from.
You aren't alone. Its nice to know that we aren't the only ones out there going through it.

Amare

Post by Amare » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 am

It's so weird to read your post, it could be me, everything you said, I've felt that way, too...Even had the same thoughts. It's terrifing I know. I can also relate to your story about buying the program and not following through with it!!! I've bought it twice once in 2003 and then again in 2010 and I have yet to get past session four. Honestly, I have issues with starting things and not following through. Even though I know this program is my ticket to recovery I have the hardest time, sticking with it. I need to, I want my life back. I hear everything your saying and I hate that you feel that way, no one deserves to feel like this, I don't wish it on anyone. Point is you can do it, it will take dedication on your part and mine but we can do it. I wish you the best of luck!!!

nicamo

Post by nicamo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm

thank you guys so much for your replies. it means so much that im not alone and i'm not the only one with these stupid crazy, ridiculous thoughts!!! but i can't shut them up, i can't turn them off, what can I do??? how can i turn them off? you know i don't do much because I always say: " I know that if I go to so and so place i'm gonna get a bad thought or blasphemous thought, go into panic attack and then i'm not gonna be able to even go outside and function, and i'm not gona be able to leave my room or the place, how am i gonna get back home???".....argh!!!!!!!!!!!