Too much GUILT

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
CG822

Too much GUILT

Post by CG822 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 am

I have been back and fourth with my now ex for almost 2 years. I have always been on the fence. I have always felt so guilty, because he pours his heart out and tells me how much he loves me, and I just do not feel the same! I carry his pain as my guilt and it's been keeping me down for a long time. I keep saying that I just need time and I would say I do wanna be with him, just bcause I can't bear to here his reactions if I just say "I am not in love with you". I know what that feels like, it's been done to me, more then once. Its so beyond horrible, I was so depressed for a long time. He is younger then me and if I say "I know how you feel" thats just not right, I feel like. I am hot and cold all the time, I push and pull constantly, well I think I finally found my strength to say bye last night. I couldn't continue on this fence, he thinks we were going in a good direction and I knew we weren't

Now all of these text msgs are just killing me. He is so depressed and he says I am so terrible and I am selfish and I am a terrible person and he "had so much faith in me, I thought we were going to make it, I am crushed, I am having an anxiety attack, I am just better with you, all I've done for you" you get my drift. I can't keep carrying his pain, too. I have all of these emotional problems and I am just a mess.

I feel like there is so much more to this mess of a story. Just looking for some positive vibes right now from the StressCenter.com fam :!:

coachchris

Re: Too much GUILT

Post by coachchris » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:36 am

It sounds like you had the courage to do the 'right' thing. Sometimes telling the truth is very hard, but he deserves to know the truth and begin the process of moving on. Be kind to yourself and take care of you. Trust in your heart. Write out 3 good positive truthful statements that you can keep coming back to. Get busy and choose to move forward. Things will get better for both of you.

Coach Chris

CG822

Post by CG822 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Thank you, Coach Chris! The first few days are sad for me. I am keeping my head high. I have less depression then I thought, but I also just upped my Wellbutrin. My emotions scare me, I fear they will run out of control again. I need to learn to focus on the important things!

You have coaching sessions?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi CG,

I would write out what you want to focus on. I will private message you some selftalk to help get the positives moving. I do have coaching sessions available. I will message that to you as well.

You are doing the right thing. Change takes courage and I hear you believing in yourself.

Just manage one thought at a time and make them truthful and positive.

Talk soon!

Coach Chris StressCenter.com