bouts of depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
bob p

bouts of depression

Post by bob p » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:07 pm

ive dealt with anxiety since i was 16. i am dealing with my anxiety and panic attacks pretty good now but i am now getting hit by spurts of depression and wow it stincks. it is amazing what our minds can do to us. does anyone have any helpful hints on getting out of it besides the usual riding it out without overreacting which is my m/o. thanks bob

coachchris

Re: bouts of depression

Post by coachchris » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Bob,

Thanks for sharing. Depression is tough. I have found and research proves that exercise is very effective. Make sure also you are drinking enough water and eating healthy. I try to under-react to the feelings and reassure myself that the depression will pass. Lastly if you find the depression is attached to some kind of loss you have experienced I would try and get help to heal from that loss. Anxiety can bring in a lot of "loss" for us so as we work the program and get our power back the depression also lifts. Stay positive and focus on the good things in life. I know we hear that advice a lot but it is very important to keep that attitude going.

Hope this helps!
Coach Chris

bob p

Re: bouts of depression

Post by bob p » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Thank you very much coach chris. Its amazing what some really good advice can do for me. Thank you again.