I feel so alone, that no one knows what I am going through

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
markiev

I feel so alone, that no one knows what I am going through

Post by markiev » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 pm

I talk to my therapist and psychiatrist, but I am still left with the feeling that no one understands the daily struggle I have with anxiety and depression. I can't help but think of suicide to end the suffering, but I can't even do that because I know the hurt I would leave behind. Help! Although hearing others on the first few tapes explain similar feelings, nothing seems to help. My life has been a nighmare for about 3 years now. Entirely too long! i want my life back and want to be happy. I can't stop analyzing and worrying, its now so natural I don't know what feeling normal is any more. I am desperate. Thoughts?

coachjanine

Re: I feel so alone, that no one knows what I am going throu

Post by coachjanine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Marklev. This is coach Janine. I'm sorry that you are struggling. I am glad you are here....you are in the right place. Have you been actively following the workbook and the homework that coincides with the tapes? It makes a world of difference versus just listening to the tapes. Do your best each day and follow the suggestions as much as you can. You deserve to feel better. We all KNOW what you are going through, and we can help. Listen to the relaxation tape a couple of times a day, exercise and get outside if you can as well. Go online and see how much exercise can make a difference when we feel depressed. If you would like a personal coaching session, let one of our coaches here on the forum know. You have taken the first step in overcoming your anxiety and depression.
Janine

mvitela

Re: I feel so alone, that no one knows what I am going throu

Post by mvitela » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:16 pm

markiev wrote:I talk to my therapist and psychiatrist, but I am still left with the feeling that no one understands the daily struggle I have with anxiety and depression. I can't help but think of suicide to end the suffering, but I can't even do that because I know the hurt I would leave behind. Help! Although hearing others on the first few tapes explain similar feelings, nothing seems to help. My life has been a nighmare for about 3 years now. Entirely too long! i want my life back and want to be happy. I can't stop analyzing and worrying, its now so natural I don't know what feeling normal is any more. I am desperate. Thoughts?
I felt like that too but i found that the more i talked about it with people even when it was just over the phone i found that there were some people that had gone through a similar experience. Going out for walks helps getting some sun smelling fresh air. Sometimes I will get those feelings again thinking no one understands me but when I do I just talk about it and then I feel better. Sometimes we have to force ourselves i think to be happy and the more you do it the more it will come natural and then you will genuinely start to feel it. I know that those feelings are coming back to me and it is a process. Sometimes those cd's make me laugh to hear the people give those testmonials i think its funny because i can relate. So my point is try to think of what kind of humor you like and then find a movie or a book or a comedian that has that kind of humor that you like and at least you will laugh about it for that moment and the more you do it i think the more it will come natural...