At my wits end...

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
mlws

At my wits end...

Post by mlws » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I don't even know what to say other than I need help, and I can't figure out how to begin. This depression and sadness has completely overtaken my life, and I'm not sure how to continue on or even live anymore. All I seem to think about is ending it all. I don't see hope and I am so incredibly lonely and down. I can't even get myself to cry anymore- I am just completely empty. I need to try to fix my life, but how do you begin if you feel so hopeless?

peony

Re: At my wits end...

Post by peony » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 am

Dear mlws,

I am not a therapist but I know you have done the right thing ... you have reached out. Keep reaching out. Is there someone you could phone to talk about your feelings? You know that life is worth living but you just dont feel it right now. Things WILL get better for you. Dont give up.

Reach out to a friend or a medical hot line if you can find one now. Phone a counsellor or go into a walk in clinic. There are people out there who can help you shed light on your many many reasons for living.

Please keep in touch. Love Peony

Snowden26

Re: At my wits end...

Post by Snowden26 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Well said peony. I have been there too where you feel so down that you feel like you can never get out of that hole. You can and you will. May it be through this program or through the help of medication, you WILL get through it. I know it doesn't seem like you can right now and your inner strength is weary but keep trying and looking for an outlet. Depression is one of those things we face that are SO HARD and just seem so consuming of our entire beings, but the depression will lift. Just don't give up. Be strong and don't let it win!!