finally admitting I have a problem with depression

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
CarolM

finally admitting I have a problem with depression

Post by CarolM » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:14 pm

I guess i've always known it and learned in the program that people with anxiety tend to have depression, but i've always just blown it off and looked at myself as just being anxious. But now i realise a lot of the beating myself up over the years has been due to my depression. Like why am i unmotivated and don't care about things, why do I jsut want to sleep and never get out of bed. it's not laziesness it's that i have a problem with depression. I feeling like it's time to admit it and work on it thru the program. The depression came before the anxiety so even if i didn't have the anxiety I'd still have the depression. it just feels ok now to admit it to my self. kind of a first step.

coachjanine

Re: finally admitting I have a problem with depression

Post by coachjanine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 am

Carol, the StressCenter.com's program helps both anxiety and depression. What are some of the things you have done to help with your depression? Sometimes just getting out of the house is helpful. Lighting a candle, listening to music, anything different... The single best thing you can do for yourself is to exercise regularly. Some good homework for you is to google how beneficial exercise is for depression. I would love to hear about what you find out.

Janine

VJosaphat

Re: finally admitting I have a problem with depression

Post by VJosaphat » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 pm

CarolM wrote:I guess i've always known it and learned in the program that people with anxiety tend to have depression, but i've always just blown it off and looked at myself as just being anxious. But now i realise a lot of the beating myself up over the years has been due to my depression. Like why am i unmotivated and don't care about things, why do I jsut want to sleep and never get out of bed. it's not laziesness it's that i have a problem with depression. I feeling like it's time to admit it and work on it thru the program. The depression came before the anxiety so even if i didn't have the anxiety I'd still have the depression. it just feels ok now to admit it to my self. kind of a first step.
you are me, I am you. I could have written this post.