suicidal thoughts

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
kittycatman

suicidal thoughts

Post by kittycatman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm

What are some ways to deal with suicidal thoughts?
How can I improve my self esteem?
It feels like, somedays I like myself and somedays I hate myself.

Pretty depressed today ] =

coachchris

Re: suicidal thoughts

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi Kittycatman

I always start with listing out our strengths and also recognizing what makes us valuable.
Write these out and read through them daily. Talk to yourself like you would a good friend. This takes a lot of practice and commitment. Don't let today end until you commit to doing this.

Celebrate your little successes. If you are a spiritual person take a baby step in that direction. Connect with others who are growing and wanting more in their lives.
Smile...its contagious and you will feel better.

Just the fact that you are reaching out and wanting more is proof that you are a strong, courageous man!

Review lesson 3 and 4 in your program. Keep growing. We are here to help!

Coach Chris

kittycatman

Post by kittycatman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 am

Lots of growing!

everyone's words of encouragement have helped me to keep on during my hardest times.

I have found out now, after 2 years since I ordered this program, that depression is a sort of broken reality that we can slip into. In this reality, everything attributes to our depression: from the books, TV shows, articles, magazines, movies, inspiration, news and information we choose to view or take in. What helped me out more than anything was to pick up a Bible and stop viewing and thinking about negative things. I began to look instead to better inspiration, that doesn't go over the worlds most horrific headlines, or tells some gruesome story. We call it entertainment, but what good is it doing for us!? For our minds and our soul?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 am

Philippians 4 is a great chapter to read through. It really helped me to choose to think on the 'good things.'

So glad to hear you are doing well. Keep us posted. Private message me if you need anything at all.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com