Hopeless

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Michele16

Hopeless

Post by Michele16 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I have so tried so many anti-depressants but none have worked very well, even Nardil which is very high-powered. I am writing down my negative thoughts and replacing them with positive thoughts. It doesn't seem to be doing anything yet. Sometimes I have trouble thinking of replacemenrt thoughts. Sometimes I think I'm going to go to the end of my life like this. I try to hide it from my family because I don't want them to worry about me. Does anyone have any words of hope?

coachchris

Re: Hopeless

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 am

HI Michele,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Your struggle is a common one for us critical thinkers. I would try to keep the thought replacement simple. If you hear a negative come in you can respond to it by saying,"This thought is not helpful or true and I choose to let it go." I would also write out the top 5 negative thoughts you have and replace them with a positive truth. After you have that done rewrite the positives and carry them with you. Read these throughout your day so to reinforce the positives. Make sure to praise yourself for every little bit of change. Identify what makes you valuable and learn to love yourself.

Keep us posted.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

MrCleveland

Re: Hopeless

Post by MrCleveland » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm not on anything, but I have a lot of doubt for next year. I'm back to where I was before, I even go to the mirror, point to myself, and say "I am nobody" 10 times.

I feel that God hates me and abandoned me...wel, here's to another lousy new year!