withdrawal from antidepressants

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
sunshine11

withdrawal from antidepressants

Post by sunshine11 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 am

I am having terrible withdrawal symptoms just a few days after stopping celexa. I tapered off as directed and thought I was ready. Its only been a few days and I have spacey feelings and anger outbursts. I feel like my family is taking too much. I don't know how long it will be before I feel normal again. Does anyone know of natural remedies to help? St. Johns Wort does not work for me. I have also gone a couple of weeks without ativan. No panic. Just anger and a feeling that something is missing. I need a replacement!

missgsr

Re: withdrawal from antidepressants

Post by missgsr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:22 pm

I am also trying to get off of Celexa right now after over 10 years. I tapered down from 60mg/day to 30mg/day and then decided I just didn't want to deal with it anymore so I stopped all together on Sept. 1st. I was okay for 4 days but then the withdrawal symptoms came on strong: super spacey/dizzy feeling in my head, cold one minute then hot and sweating the next, and I didn't think about it until I read your post but I got super irritable too. On the 6th day I decided to stop torturing myself and continue tapering so I started taking 10mg/day and I plan to go down to 5mg in October then off in November.

How long have you been on Celexa? How many mg/day? Are you working the program?

sunshine11

Post by sunshine11 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 am

Yes I feel all the same symptoms you described plus others. I have been on various depression meds for 12years. I had post tramatic anyways...I have been taking celexa for 2 years after an emergency complete hysterectomy. I tapered from 40 mg to 20 to 10 to 10 every other day. I stopped about five days ago and the withdrawal is. Bad. I can't say I'm in pain. I don't feel depressed...I just feel weird. Its driving me crazy if I focus on it. Even if I dont , it is still causing undeniable physical symptoms. I can only pray that it will not last much longer. I have to be really strong to overcome. And yes. I am now working my program again! I took a couple months off because session 3 was so powerful to me. I have overcome my anxiety. But I need to cement it now!

sunshine11

Post by sunshine11 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 am

Too much info sorry! Feel free to pm me to talk more about it!

sunshine11

Post by sunshine11 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 am

I did go back on celexa. I wasn't ready. I plan to taper off much more slowly in about 3 months time. I'm not gonna beat myself up over this though. I'm doing just fine! I just needed a little extra help.