need someone to talk to!

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
mmorse6300

need someone to talk to!

Post by mmorse6300 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 am

I have no support system. I just got married in june and my life is in a whirl wind straight down! I don't give a shit about sex and I don't turn my husband down but that isn't good enough! He is telling me my marriage is pretty much over. tell me to quit worry about our marriage but every other day he is reminding me how bad it is! I need help! I can't handle this anymore. I know he is just a bump in my road and this isn't really about him but it's really not helping me get anywhere close to recovery. I am trying to get him to talk to someone about how to help me but he won't. I barley understand what the hell is going on and he thinks I should explain it to him! WTF How do I do that?When I try his response is i don't get it and that stresses me out more and I just say forget it. He can't seem to handle talking to me! i want to curl up in someones arms that can at least pretend to understand. Might sound stupid but I need some support. I don't work and I can't do some things I used to be able to do because of anxiety or whatever it may be. Would going back to work make it any better? Or when I do find a job will it be the same thing and concentration goes away as usual and I quit or get fired?! I need some insight! Any suggestions?

rawrsalot

Re: need someone to talk to!

Post by rawrsalot » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Why don't you tell us a little about your symptoms and what kind of things you're going through?

mmorse6300

Post by mmorse6300 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:41 am

Well I have depression mostly but anxiety too more and more each day. I am in my 3rd session and I think it is helping at least a little. My husband told me that he hated our marriage and he didn't even want to come home. Yes I was upset but I didn't totally freak out and cry and all that crap. I just said I know its hard for him and tried to keep my mouth shut. It does no good to lash out it just makes it worse. So I think I should pat myself on the back for that. My husband has never dealt with all this before so he is having a really hard time. But I hate when people are mean and hurtful! so I have to try to fix me and hopefully he can open his eyes and learn a little too! Even though I am really upset about the hurtful things he said I am trying to talk myself through it! I don't want to be down all day long anymore!

Gerri Ahart

Post by Gerri Ahart » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Good Morning-
You have a very similar story to mine, but I have been married for 16 years. My husband is mean and hurtful and is suffering from his own issues that he doesn't want to face. I have had this program for 2 years now and I loaded it on my ipod. It is my go to reminder to live my life. I listen to the sessions over and over. Another thing that I did early on to help was to get a notebook and write. I wrote about my feelings, my fears, my anger, my disappointment and then I left it in the book. Once it was on paper- it was out of me and then easier to move on from. It is a constant work in progress but keep at it. You will feel better when you change your thinking. Best wishes!

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi there,

Maybe it would be helpful for you to have your husband listen to some of the program, so that he can know what you are going through. This could be something that will bring the two of you closer, if you both allow it to be. Express to him what you're feeling and tell him that you ARE getting better, you just need his support and help. Maybe he needs to hear a battle plan, so to speak. I would definitely have him listen to some of the program, maybe where they first address anxiety and the symptoms. Tell him from your heart that you want this to be an opportunity for partnership between the two of you.

Again, you cannot control how your husband reacts to you. The only thing that you can control is YOU. But you can communicate assertively without putting him down, and show him how he can come alongside you.

Praying for you!