I am new here and would like to introduce myself...

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
veron001

I am new here and would like to introduce myself...

Post by veron001 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 pm

My name is Veronica and have been fighting with depression most of my life. I have no self-esteem, no confidence, I don t love myself, I have never felt loved and accepted, I have lost who I truly am! About 3 yrs. ago I had an affair, looking for love in all the wrong places, which worsened my depression. I have attempted suicide, I have been on all anti depressants, but none seem to work. My job preformance has suffered--it s amazing they haven t fired me yet. I just want to be loved and accepted--but having a hard time fitting in anywhere....I would really like to chat with you to see how you are overcoming this! Hope to here from you!

coachchris

Re: I am new here and would like to introduce myself...

Post by coachchris » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 am

Welcome Veron001,

We're glad to have you here. I struggled with with depression in my 20's. Just like you lack of self-esteem, lost in the world, not really having a purpose. I finally came to a place at the age of 30 where I knew I needed to change. I started by looking at my value system. Meaning...I had to decide what makes me valuable, this also helped me to define my own personal value system. If this is hard to do look around at other people in your life and ask yourself...'what makes them valuable?' A lot of us tend to want to grow from the outside in, instead of the inside out. We are waiting for others to define us, instead of deciding on our own who we are. I also had to examine my spiritual beliefs and that really help me get out of my depression and be in the present moment.

I hope you have the program. Lesson 3 will be really helpful for you. If you don't have it let me know and I can send you some exercises to do on your own. We celebrate your courage to reach out for connection and keep growing forward. Find 3 positive things to focus on in your life today and keep those positives coming. Try and pause your negative thoughts, tell yourself those thoughts are not helpful and let them float by.

Warmly,
Chris Coach StressCenter.com

veron001

Post by veron001 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Yes I do have program, just started on Saturday! I just cannot think clearly...don t remember things...it s amazing I still have job! I have no friends--no support and that s really hard. I hate feeling like this! I hate it!

DolphinG

Post by DolphinG » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi Veron ,Im Dolphin G, I am also new to this program and im about to start working on session 3.
Let me just say that even though your symptoms and level off depression might be different than mines remember that anxiety panic attacks depression all are treated and aproched the same way in this program since one feeling leads to the other.
I suffer from GAD and depression, and my life has been horrible for the past year or so ,and i am not kidding when i tell you that in just a couple of weeks i have done a huge turn around however you have to be possitive and give this program a chance .
work it slow 1 CD a week and if you need more time then take more time dont skip sessions unless told by lucinda.
be patient and you will start seeing that you will start feeling better by the day.
make sure to listen to that relaxation CD at least 3 or 4 times a day that seemed to have helped me allot .
Coach chriss is absolutly correct session 3 is verry important and a key to our recoverry.
However dont get desperate to gett to it work on cd 1 first then 2 and you will get to it.
Remember we did not get this way in one week or too, so we have to give this some time.
hope to hear from you( YOU CAN DO THIS 8-)
DOLPHIN G

fionadirk

Post by fionadirk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 am

Hi Veronica....I'm also new here and have just joined this forum. I'm also going through depression and that's why i am here...Anyways, it's good to hear from you..

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Hello
I have suffered from depression all my life. This program withthe Cd's, forums and mini chat are VERY helpful. There are good people with good advice and listening ears. I still suffer from depression....it's a one day at a time thing and I too am literally SICK of it. Maybe someday the pain will lessen to zero. Keep coming back. Don't get discouraged if no one is on the chat line. Many work during the day or are busy and get online in the evening.
Lucy :)