FEELING ALIEN

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Sheldon88

FEELING ALIEN

Post by Sheldon88 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 pm

I dont know how to say this but has anyone ever felt like everything around you including yourself is... i dunno alien like its strange to you kinda like how they show acid trips in movies.Ive been having this for a long time and i wondered is it linked to my depression or anxiety like the bewilderment or agoraphobia or what? Also been having a lot of feelings of confusion I told my phsycologist about it how i feel confused about the people around me or where I am even though the people are people I know like my friends and family and the place can be as simple as my home so im not really confused i just feel like it and she said "Thats ridiculous either your confused or your not there is no such thing as feeling confused" I dont know so PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN THIS!!!!

Sheldon88

Re: FEELING ALIEN

Post by Sheldon88 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 am

bump

dhoyt84

Post by dhoyt84 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 am

Everyone I know with panic disorder/anxiety including myself has felt this way. Its kind of like an out of body experience. It is not a good feeling but totally part of the disorder. You are not alone there. I think it is because we worry a lot and are so stuck in our heads. Hope that helps 8-)

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I've felt that way too. A state of confusion. Everyone is Alien. Sometimes a feeling of helplessness accompanies it. Hang in there. I don't have an answer except to do the program. I like self talk, the CD about Should've's and the one about What if's, and the Cd about don't have false expectations. We just have to keep at it. I don't think I will ever be "cured."
:)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 pm

I had this too. Some people would describe this as overwhelm, detached, foggy head, distant. In lesson 14 we describe it as a stress symptom. A signal to help us move toward more self-management. Some women also get this during menopause.

Your relaxation cd, lots of water, and some light cardio can really help with this. Do you take a B complex supplement or any fish oil? Both of those can be very helpful too, combined with lots of under-reacting and thought management. Try and not overthink the feeling and dissect it.

Last thought is a good head, neck and shoulder massage if you haven't tried that. You would be surprised how much stress us thinkers carry in that area and what a great relief it can be to get rid of that muscle tension.

Blessings!
Chris/StressCenter.com Coach