Scared....

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
nknecht6

Scared....

Post by nknecht6 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

We are planning on moving from South Dakota to Tennessee. My husband and I would like to be a little closer to my family but this is getting harder to do. My husband has Family here but I don't have anyone. I'm so worried that He is not going to be happy, just like I'm unhappy here. My Grandma was going to help us out with a rental house that she has but she has a very strict rule "No Dogs" We have a dog that my husband has had for 13yrs and we will not get rid of him. So now we have no place to move to and we are not prepared for this. We thought they would be lenient with us because I am their granddaughter But they are not budging. I'm ok with renting from someone else but we stopped looking because they told us we can rent from them. They knew we had dogs. We already got rid of our other dog and the guinea pig. My kids have been crying for 3days because their pets are gone. I don't know what to do now. We are leaving in a month and have no where to go. I don't know if we should do it now.

Dixiesmom

Re: Scared....

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm

nknecht6,

I just replied to your most recent post and now that I have read this, I understand a little more. Please check out what I posted, I still think it applies.
It really doesn't sound like ya'll are prepared to move. Has anyone quit or given notice at their job? Does either one of you have a job when you get there? We have moved to two different states and even with planning and help, it's no easy task.
Please, do not move thinking that being closer to family will make you happy. Happiness is something that comes from the inside. Being close to family and in a new place will eventually wear off and you will still have your anxiety and depression to deal with.
On a personal note: I have since remarried, but when my first husband and I married, I told him I didn't want to live where we were at forever, especially when we had kids. When our son was about 2 we moved to a different part of the state we were living in and after about 6 months, he packed up and left and went back to where we had moved from. He left me and our son and didn't even talk with me about it or ask if we wanted to move back with him. He just left because he wasn't happy.
You and your husband need to be open and willing to commmunicate about this or it may put undue stress on your marriage. I'm not sure about the age of the kids, but they probably need to be included on some of the discussions. Also, let them talk about how they feel and what they think. This is going to be a big change for everyone in the family, please make sure you are as prepared as possible.