so depressed i cant find my "true self"

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
tjzaxxer

so depressed i cant find my "true self"

Post by tjzaxxer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:59 am

ive been in a deep depression since 2010/2011 and i havent gotten out of it... i cant feel any "REAL" emotion (except for negative emotions), i cant understand why people are even afraid of me, i usually keep to myself outside of typing/texting and can NEVER find a "true friend"... im a 16 year old lost soul that can really use the help from anybody that can and is willing to help me... :,(
Light and Darkness will show your true path. Don't stray away from either of them

Iwillbebetter

Re: so depressed i cant find my "true self"

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:20 am

TJ - I know how hard it can be to feel that way, at such a young age!! I don't know what I can do to help, but I am happy to listen and try to help where I can! Do you have the program, this can help, more than you could know!! :) I wish I would have know about something like this when I was that age. I just figured that was me and learned to live/deal that way. Best of luck to you!!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

tjzaxxer

Post by tjzaxxer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:00 pm

the depression is getting worse... i have lost interest in almost everything... only a couple of my friends understand me while the rest dont even know why im who i am... right now, im heavy hearted nd need someone that i can help me... someone that will stand by me... please... please help... :,(
Light and Darkness will show your true path. Don't stray away from either of them

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:07 pm

tjzaxxer wrote: need someone that i can help me
I beleive you are that one. I am happy to offer my support, but really the only thing you need to help you is yourself!! :) It may seem hard, or even impossible, but it can be done, but no one can do it for you!! Do you have this program? Are you on any meds? Do you see anyone about it?? I am only curious it doesn't matter either way, there is no wrong or right answer. I have the program am in session 8, wish I would have had it at your age... but enough of that, no past thinking... :) :) I was only on meds for a short while after having my youngest (right after my middle child, they are only 11 months apart, I was an emotional wreck after having 2 back to back like that...) and I have never really seen anyone. Here and there as a child, but it never lasted, they all loved to play the "blame game" and my mom was not fond of that... I was never comfortable talking to people especially that I didn't know....

Anyway, I am happy to offer a hand, but it's only you that can make the changes nessicary to live a happier life :) The sun is shining even when it rains... :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:22 am

tim, how are you doing ?

Lynda

tjzaxxer

Post by tjzaxxer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm

im doing a little better... since im on my depression has been decresing more nd more... please talk to me... thanks

rjhamilton

Post by rjhamilton » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey bud, I've been through something very similar as well. Depression sort of overcame me a few years ago and I've been dealing with it ever since then. Periodically coming out of it and back into it just as easily.
My advice is to learn about what it is that is currently affecting you. Depression and anxiety are experienced by every single person, no exceptions, every person. The difference is how every single person handles it. It's like the game of basketball, everyone can play basketball but not everyone is good at handling the ball or shooting and making a basket. The key is learning how to handle the ball.
That's just an example but if you learn about Depression you can better deal with it and actually be quite successful with it. I'm always on here periodically so you can talk with me whenever. Don't ever give up!
Ryan

tjzaxxer

Post by tjzaxxer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:28 pm

thank u... all of u... i wish my parents were as understanding as u... at least u guys understand me...... i still need help so please talk to me... thanks

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:21 am

tim: Are you working on the "program" ? How are your meds working out ? Do you have any interests ?
Are you reading any self-help books?

I am working on the program and I am on Session Seven, "Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect".
I am currently taking some medicines for anxiety and depression, but I am not seeing a psychologist.
I am reading a book called "The 7 Wonders That Will Change Your Life" and I have recently read
"Been There, Done That, DO THIS !". I also read the book "From Panic To Power".

Hope you are feeling better.
Lynda Lu :)

tjzaxxer

Post by tjzaxxer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:47 am

i barely work on the program... im on many medications for anxiety, depression, mood stabilizers and many more... im a writer and currently writing a book series id like to call the "Crystal Carriers"... the first book is being called "Crystal Travels" and im really proud of my work... if u can please keep talking to me... thanks alot :)