feeling bored

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
anonymous27

feeling bored

Post by anonymous27 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am

I am feeling bored. I think that is the main reason for my feeling down today. I did the Combatting Stress and Depression Program program twice, but may need to do it a third time. I guess I must be ressistant to change. I have days that I am feeling better and I have days that I am feeling down. I want to pick myself up today, I'm just not exactly sure what i can do today to pick myself up and make myself feel happier and more energetic.

My energy is low and so is my mood and I want to feel better. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to feel better?

Iwillbebetter

Re: feeling bored

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 am

I don't really know off hand, I am still trying to figure that out. I understand that there are certian foods and things that can help with the energy. (Not sure which ones of hand....) Do you exercise regularly?? I have found that to help a bit with my mood. I can tell my mood is always "worse" on the days I don't exercise... I also found sometimes just reading something motivational for a few minutes when feeling down can help bring me up. Or maybe find something you really enjoy doing... then when you are feeling bored you can work on something which will help make you feel accomplished which may help your mood also... :) Good luck - I hope you figure something out :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:17 am

dear anonymous: I agree with iwillbebetter on her advice.

If I am eating foods that are bad for me, then I don't feel well. I have recently eliminated sugar
and caffeine from my diet and that has really helped me out. Exercise is a great to improve a
persons mood. I don't exercise enough and I can get depressed if I don't exercise. I think exercising
outdoors is even better than exercising indoors because the outdoors has the sun and trees and
flowers and the fresh air. I like to read a motivational book. Writing in a journal helps too, or
writing on the website here. I have been writing on the website here a lot lately, even if no one
reponds or has any advice, I can still write and get everything "off of my chest" and clear my mind.
Going out of your house and talking to other people or just being around other people really helps
combat the boredom. Listing your achievements or accomplishments can help you feel better.
Listening to some great uplifting music can break the battle of boredom sometimes. I watched a
great, old, classic movie on television the other night and that just transformed me to another
time and place. I felt so relaxed after watching the movie, it was a great show. Talk to someone
on the phone, just call them "out of the blue" to say Hello ( I did this to my sister one day, I hope
it cheered her up !). Do something spontaneous to end the boredom. I always seem to enjoy
some things better if I do them at the "spur of the moment" instead of planning them.....just get
up and go do it. That is all I can think of. I am not very good at giving advice, but I can write
and ramble on for quite a long while, ha ha. :lol: . Sorry this is so long.
Lynda Lu

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Tue May 15, 2012 10:02 pm

I get bored. When I do I think get up do something....then I say what should I do. I need motivation. When I can't think of anything I get discouraged and depressed. I get excited thinking I will donate to people and organizations and then it fizzles out. I think How, and then think get the phone book out. Well....I went back to church. Found comfort. Get involved. Donate money to organizations. Good thing too. I just always feel inadequate, incapable. I tell myself to be happy with my accomplishments no matter how small. Don't have unrealistic expectations. President Obama and I aren't going to hang out together. Where am I going with that???? :lol: Sometimes I feel stuck. One day at a time, thinking good things, counting blessings, quit feeling guilty, get out of the past and future but live in the present and enjoy my life now before it's gone.

Lucy Knepp

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 pm

I am not only bored, but lethargic, tired and lazy. 7 weeks of this now and I am starting to accept
it as my "norm". I fear this fact.

I don't laugh. I don't smile. I try to have emotion, but it just doesn't come.

I started to attend church again, maybe something will "click" and I will start to feel better.
ANYTHING has to be better than the way I have been feeling.

What happened ? I was having a great January, February and March. April sucked.....too many
bad "anniversaries" remembered and celebrated ? Too many dates on my calendar circled from the past.
So many bad things happened in April in my recent past.

Now it is May and I should be over my April "blues", right ? May is almost over with and I am still
"bored". Bored with myself. Ugh, my birthday is in a few days too. Don't really need to celebrate THAT
as I have nothing to celebrate - - I am old and I FEEL old.

Bored. Gonna look it up in the dictionary now. My name will probably be right next to it.

Lynda