setbacks and moving forward

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
lucy knepp

Re: setbacks and moving forward

Post by lucy knepp » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:43 pm

It's like any addiction........one day at a time. That cloud keeps coming back. I guess that is when the techniques of the program help. ;)

LyndaLu

Re: setbacks and moving forward

Post by LyndaLu » Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 pm

mosaic1989 wrote:Lynda,

I don't know what happens but I think sometimes it's hard to keep with it, not having the enthusiasm I had in the beginning but I think we are incorporating more of these things into our lives than we realize. Sometimes I think we have to do things in a little different way. One source of support can be is the email devotions to help motivate and talk about issues we are struggling with.
http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/03/15/ ... /#more-421

http://zerotolerancetonegativethinking.com/ lots of good articles

Something my coach sent me by email
THE DAILY MOTIVATOR

Get through it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side of the challenge is value. Get through it,
and get the value.

Though the effort makes you weary, it also makes you strong.
Get through it, and enjoy the full benefit of that strength.

You've already made it this far, and you've already
established some good momentum. To get through it, just keep
going.

Keep going, though the urge to quit may be strong. Keep
going, get through it and get the rewards you've earned.

Get through it, not by fighting but by accepting and
persisting in each moment. Get through it, not with
resentment for what you must do but with gratitude for what
you can accomplish.

You have what it takes, because what it takes is simply
making one step, and then the next, and then the next. Step
forward, get through it, and bring your own unique value
more fully to life.

Ralph Marston

This is the Daily Motivator email edition.
Copyright (C) 2012 Ralph S. Marston, Jr. All rights reserved.
Visit The Daily Motivator web site at http://greatday.com for an archive
of more than 3,000 daily messages, inspirational photos and more.

Personally I've been struggling with not feeling well for about the last month but now feeling a lot better. One day I got really depressed and wondered if this way doing me any good at all and I realized that I have made progress and do look at things differently so I got back into the compassionate self talk and realized I can't stop what I've started. And what am I really trying to accomplish, a better self and outlook. So what if I'm not taking on huge challenges I'm making progress and small steps lead to bigger steps. Spring time for me has always been somewhat difficult, and have no idea why. I love all the green and color but something about it I notice April has always been challenging for me. I think sometimes it has to do with all the changes all at once, I guess I deal with change better if it happens slowly. I guess that way I can handle it better. But I know I'm doing better this year than I have in previous years due to the program. I was just always drifting. We just have to not give up on ourselves, and we can't lose. Take care and don't lose heart you will get the motivation you need to keep going. I think were all on a very interesting journey but sometimes we feel like we are not moving at all. Wishing you all well we will get there. :D
I just read your post today, I don't know why I did not see it earlier.

But today was the perfect day to read this because I have been feeling down lately.

The month of April really got to me and now that April is over with I am struggling to move on.

I am going to start Session Nine of the program. I am trying to read an inspirational book written

by a Buddhist Nun. The book is a bit hard for me to read because it is so "deep", but I will continue

to try to understand it because a lot of what it has to say compliments the program.

I have been writing a lot on the website, maybe too much, but I have had a lot on my mind.

I try to journal every day at home. I keep my journal for a month then re-read my pages, then shred them.

I don't keep my journal pages. I have not been failing totaly in my attempts to eliminate sugar and caffeine,

but they are still a small part of my life. I don't keep caffeine and sugar in my home, but I sometimes consume

it when I am outside of my home. So, I am at least not consuming it daily.

I started a social activity, going back to church, a month ago, and that is going well.

I had not attended church for a long while. I am getting familiar with the church I am attending

and there are several nice people there that I have met. On a downside, the weather in Arizona is

heating up way too fast and it is over 100 degrees today. My family moved out here 40 years ago and that

is why I am here. Right now, as I grow older, I grow more weary of this heat.

I felt so proactive in the jobhunting in January, February and March and I had some new experiences

and activities during those times. My mindset was quite upbeat. April came and some bad memories hit with

a vengence and I completed nothing of value in April except just to exist. I hoped May would come about

and take me away from this mood, but so far it has not.

Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day and a great summer.

Stay strong and God Bless.

Lynda