I said something offensive on another site...

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

I said something offensive on another site...

Post by MrCleveland » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm

...and I can't return!

I tried apologizing to the person who banned me, but I might as well get my revenge on him!

I sooooo hate that person who banned me for good on there! :evil: :evil: :evil:

LyndaLu

Re: I said something offensive on another site...

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Have your read Lucinda's book, From Panic To Power?
Here is page 118 from her book.

When you're angry, I suggest you ask yourself the following questions.....

Stop and think. Take a time out. Whether you stop for ten seconds or 24 hours, it will allow you to
be clear about your desired outcome. What do you really want to happen as a result of expressing
your feelings? Do you want someone else to understand that you're hurt and you need to discuss the
issue? Do you want to resolve a problem or do you want to make someone else feel bad, too? If so,
why? Isn't that nonproductive?

Is your anger useful in this situation? Wouldn't you rather communicate and problem solve? Will you use
your anger to help produce satisfying results or will it just make everybody feel worse?

Was the person who hurt you having a personal problem or were they really angry at you? Are you
taking it personally ?

Are you angry about a situation over which you have no control and that you can't change? If it's stupid
or pointless, wouldn't it be better to redirect your energy and let go, instead of wasting your precious time?

If you are staying angry at someone, hoping to make them feel bad, aren't you giving them an additional
hold on you and prolonging your own bad feelings?

I hope this helps.
Lynda :)