Seasonal Affective Disorder

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
keepsmilin

Re: Seasonal Affective Disorder

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Jealous!!! ;) hehe....Enjoy it!! :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Can I say that it is cloudy today and I LIKE IT ! Tomorrow will only be 80 degrees . . . Thank goodness :D
Lynda

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 pm

It's raining here and I am waiting for sunshine...hoping for it tomorrow! ;) Teehee...it's okay though, for the weather to be different :) Both are good!

Take care :)

ropersue

Post by ropersue » Sun May 06, 2012 12:19 pm

I completely agree! I believe that the seasons definantly affect our moods. I always notice that my anxitey and depression kick in during the winter months. I have noticed that as I have gotten older, it has gotten worse. I was so grateful when I saw the program and felt good about it, and realized that it would help me to get over this. This past winter was the worst one. And it hit the week of Christmas. I noticed that as a teacher, I get my hopes up with the "gifts" my students would bring me knowing that that is how they show they like me. But didn't get alot. So, it made me feel like a failure. But after starting the program, I realized that it is okay, and that they still love me, even though they don't show it in that way. So thank you for sharing your thoughts, they were amazing!

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun May 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Winter months are sometimes the worst! I agree!

Keep your head up and yes, remember the amount of gifts you receive or don't receive doesn't measure how amazing you are as a person or a teacher. "Expect less and get more." :)

It was sunny today and man I felt great! I hope you're smiling, too! :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 06, 2012 10:55 pm

ropersue wrote:I completely agree! I believe that the seasons definantly affect our moods. I always notice that my anxitey and depression kick in during the winter months. I have noticed that as I have gotten older, it has gotten worse. I was so grateful when I saw the program and felt good about it, and realized that it would help me to get over this. This past winter was the worst one. And it hit the week of Christmas. I noticed that as a teacher, I get my hopes up with the "gifts" my students would bring me knowing that that is how they show they like me. But didn't get alot. So, it made me feel like a failure. But after starting the program, I realized that it is okay, and that they still love me, even though they don't show it in that way. So thank you for sharing your thoughts, they were amazing!
dear ropersue:

Just another take on this "gift" thing, but the economy is really poor right now and people in general are having
a hard time making ends meet. It could be that you just received less gifts because the kids / families
had less to give because money was tight. I am unemployed right now and I have to tell you that my one of my
great-nieces received a birthday card in the mail from me but I could not put any money in the card because of
my employment situtation. Times are tough right now. So don't take the whole gift thing personally.

Expect Less and Get More. I want to tell you that Session Four was "right up my alley" as far
as the subject matter. My expectations were so high that I was never satisfied. Keep your head up and keep
making those kids feel special.

Lynda

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 am

Want to add to the seasonal conversation that allergies are incredibly bad this year. They raise your histamine, adding to that general "spacey" feeling that all us anxious people get. So don't be surprised if your anxiety worsens during the spring months, it's almost impossible for it to not affect you with the way the levels are this year! It's a good reminder when we're feeling bouncy or depressed that we have the climate working against us right now. :P
God bless!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 pm

NeverQuit wrote:Want to add to the seasonal conversation that allergies are incredibly bad this year. They raise your histamine, adding to that general "spacey" feeling that all us anxious people get. So don't be surprised if your anxiety worsens during the spring months, it's almost impossible for it to not affect you with the way the levels are this year! It's a good reminder when we're feeling bouncy or depressed that we have the climate working against us right now. :P
God bless!
I had never thought of allergies adding to the spacey feeling, but you are so right. My brother-in-law has suffered
terribly for years with horrible allergies and they really affect his life. He has the headaches too. Not too many
medicines seem to work to help him with his allergies. Sometimes he just has to lie down with a cold washcloth
on his forehead. It is spring now and he lives in a region where everything is blooming. Thanks for the
heads up on the histamine levels !

Lynda

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Winter in Pittsburgh makes me depressed. I like the four seasons. I enjoy some snowy days and the holidays. But when the snow melts and it's slush it sucks. Also, when the holidays pass there's a loneliness I can't explain. I try to change it. That cloud comes.
We can't give up. We are this way. The program is good. I am good. We are good. Let's work at feeling better. Doesn't that sunshine make a difference though? But even the sunny days make me think....I should be outside cutting the grass, I better not waste this day, what should I do??????? I'll make a list....where do I start.....do I have ADHD? Who can help me?

This mini chat and forums helps a lot. Self talk and not having false expectations made me think better
:D Lucy Knepp

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Okay, so I live in Arizona where there is plently of sunshine, so I shouldn't be depressed....right ?
Well, I am.

Maybe this Seasonal Affective Disorder works in reverse for me :lol: .

PS : Right now it is over 100 degrees outside. You could fry an egg on the sidewalk - - well almost.
Not looking forward to the even higher temperatures to come.

Lynda