new to group

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Terese

new to group

Post by Terese » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

just started 1st week of program. not so sure of this yet but I hope it works.

mosaic1989

Re: new to group

Post by mosaic1989 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome and hang in there, it does work. I really think that all these teaching are really good sound principles. Been working on it, in week four. We have nowhere to go but up. :D

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:43 pm

welcome. I was very hesitant about this at first! Especially since I didn't even get it myself someone else "thought it would be good for me" so I was NOT very keen on the idea at first. But this can and will help you if you let it!! :) Just keep with it. After the rain comes a rainbow!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am

welcome terese :)
i am restarting the program and i am also on session one.
this is a good program and it has a lot to offer, just take it
slow and you will do fine. session three is great.
keep us posted on how you are doing.
Lynda

Terese

Post by Terese » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Well started week 4 now. Still not quite getting it. I mean I understand what they are saying but Im not seeing any miricles. Still not driving. Still feeling depressed. But not giving up on it. Hopeing it will work its magic on me too.

chrisostring

Post by chrisostring » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:54 pm

The only way you will see a change is if you try. Do you have a gas station down the road or anything? If so there is a great start just get up and go. Take your phone and anything eles that makes you feel ( Safe ) keep in mind its you and only you that keeps you safe. But go there just to get a drink or something really quick do this a couple times a week and slowly while your there each time take a little more time to think about what you want while your there start a small convo with the person at the counter ( how has your day been) ( man gas is going up aint it ) or if your southern like me ( Hey YAll hows your day doin ) lol remeber a good laugh is a great cure!!! Its ok just be patient with yourself you wouldnt rush your son or a close friend would you......trust me and try it,,,,,,,it works

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 pm

chris: Good advice. :)

terese: Just take it slow and pat yourself on the back each day for the
accomplishments that you do make ( no matter how small).
I don't think we give ourselves enough credit for all of things that
we overcome on a daily basis. The negative thoughts just bring
a person down. If i leave my apartment to take out the trash,
check my mail, go to the grocery store, go to the bank or go to
the post office I count all of these things as successes.....I left
of my apartment, I got my errands taken care of, I talked to
other people. Take small baby steps and don't get discouraged.
Hope to hear from you soon. lynda :)

Terese

Post by Terese » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Well I'm starting my 7th week. Doing much better. Started driving to gas station,and now have gone to the store twice. Going to go to my doctor appt. all by myself tomarow. Even felt like painting my finger nails today! :D So I'm hanging in there and feel like its helping me.

mcorrea

Post by mcorrea » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Iam new to the group, Iam starting week 6. Really glad I have this program, going through a separation with my wife right now and this is helping me understand what my body and mind is going through. Been to doctors,anger management,council,shrinks,been on meds all they did was make me tired and give me headaches, nothing seemed to help.I finally tried the natural route and changed my diet, that helped a lot.My heart pounding out of my chest 24/7 went away,my racing thoughts also almost gone and my high energy levels decreased a lot.When I listened to this program( that my wife had purchased for me around Thanksgiving) welcome cd, it was everything I am feeling and going through,it was as she knew everything about me,finally someone that understands.I ve been told I have ADD/ADHD, Bi-polar by my wife and doctors, after 4 years of searching I can finally say I am on my way to recovery.I just wish I would have done this a lot sooner,now after 18 years of marriage Iam loosing the love of my life because of my anxiety/depression.Thank for listening

Terese

Post by Terese » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Doing much better. Doctor appt. went well. I have gotten my hair done, and a pedicure. Also have started doing Zumba for my exercise program! Thank you!