Worse in the morning

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Georgio

Worse in the morning

Post by Georgio » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:40 am

I find that migh depression is worse in the morning. It takes all the energy that I have to force myself to get up. I just want to sleep all of the time. I use to be able to function on 7 hours of sleep but now I find that I am getting 9 and I just want to sleep more. I have a history of depression and it is worse in the winter times. Add to this my wife and I have a 6 week old at home. See my post in the general discussion on new father....helping out enough?

Is anyone else going through anything like this? I am trying to keep positive. But in the mornings it is very hard.

Iwillbebetter

Re: Worse in the morning

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 am

I am generally worse in the mornings also. Along with tired I seem to be more emotional and crabby. I read somewhere to get up even 15 or more before the house hold is up. Also are you still exercising regular?? That can make a difference I'm learning as well as what you are eating...
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Iwillbebetter. Yes I am trying to exercise as regular as possible. I am the type of person that is not very flexible with my schedule so that tends to create some anxiety for me as I am always worried that I will not be able to get my exercise in. I feel that if I miss one day of exercise the world will end, but I know that it won't. I struggle with this daily.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:27 pm

It's helpful for some people to exercise in the morning. Even if you just get 15 minutes, it WILL help to lift your mood. It especially helps me when I exercise outside in the fresh air.
It's all part of healthy living, and the more good habits you get going, the better you're going to feel. :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:39 am

I know what you mean I have had feeling like that before with not getting things done when I feel they should. Where are you in the program may i ask?? I think session 3 will be very helpful to you also!! Really it all will but from the sounds of it you need to work on reducing your expectations!! It's so easy for us to expect things to be done at a certian time, or go a certian way, or or or but this is life and in life it doesn't go the way we want all the time, in fact I don't know about you but for me it rarley does. It's learning to cope with that.... :) I also agree with Neverquit I think for some at least the mornings may be better for the exercise it's a great way to start the day!! I use to be very "crabby" we will say in the mornings. Since I started getting up a little earlier and spending a few minutes exercising and if I have time a little me time, relaxing, reading etc.... Just a thought :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 am

Iwillbebetter
I agree, reducing expectations really does help.
We tend to have such high expectations that
those expectations can never be reached. :)
Lynda