No Christmas Feeling

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

No Christmas Feeling

Post by MrCleveland » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:50 am

This Christmas, my aunt just died and I felt VERY depressed about it.

I didn't want Christmas spoiled, but I didn't feel the Christmas Spirit...I felt more like a "Bah Humbug" this year.

I just want to take my Christmas Stuff down now. :cry:

NeverQuit

Re: No Christmas Feeling

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 am

I'm so sorry to hear that about your aunt, that's so rough around the holidays especially. :( Praying for you! Give yourself permission to feel depressed, I know Lucinda says that on one of the tapes, that it's important for us to give ourselves permission to feel depressed at times, but know that you WILL be okay. As hard as it is, try and speak positive, compassionate, soothing things to yourself. Be your own best friend. Try and tell yourself, "Of course I feel blue and don't want to celebrate, I am going through something really hard. But I am going to take time to relax and give myself permission to lay low and do things that will help to bring me peace."
Praying for you!

Iwillbebetter

Re: No Christmas Feeling

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:17 am

I am sorry to hear that also. I agree with Neverquit. Allow yourself to have these feelings and know what they are from. With time it will get better. Growing up we always had "rough" Christmas's. Until I had children I could care less about Christmas, not until having my first child did I decide I need to get over it and not ruin his Christmas's also... it took sometime, but I have learned to LOVE Christmas. I'm sure in time you will also.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."