I hate being wrong

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

I hate being wrong

Post by MrCleveland » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:01 am

I've already told you I had an internet argument with someone, but he HAD to be right and I HAD to be wrong...I hate that because that means they win and I lose!

It seems that I'm stupid and they're not! It angers me!

mosaic1989

Re: I hate being wrong

Post by mosaic1989 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:59 pm

That is so frustrating I have been there. I think people like that may feel threatened so they are determined to win. Sometimes people just like to win. It's to bad we can't have conversation with one another without making each other wrong but simply stating our point of view, and agree that we disagree. I am married to someone like that and sometimes it had thrown me into a tailspin, and I have seen him do it to others. I think there is something about those people that are so threatened, it shakes up their reality. Sometimes we just have to walk away and say I don't know if I'm right or wrong or somewhere in between, just because someone thinks differently from me does make me wrong. It just makes them highly highly manipulative. Take care.

mosaic1989

Re: I hate being wrong

Post by mosaic1989 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:29 pm

I have read your other posts on this issue and no matter what I think about the gay issue I don't think this is a place to debate it. There are enough others places for that, we know what the majority of information says. I think it was more how you felt after the exchange with this person. Sometimes we just have to walk away knowing none of us has all of the answers. I think people get too upset about this issue, nobody really wins. This is a place of support and I want to let you know I support you in your struggles about your feelings. Take care and remember tomorrow is another day.