Hormones or anxiety....

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Kona

Hormones or anxiety....

Post by Kona » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:58 pm

OMG..
I recently had a hysterectomy and uhhhh.... it seems as thou all my emotions and anxiety has gone a bit crazy too.
I dont know why I keep on crying, being anxious and depressed..... I am not in control at the moment and I dont like it.
I cant figure out the two because they both feel the same.
My doctor says its normal for me to feel this way, but having these hormonal changes on top of my anxiety and depression
feels more like a ton of bricks is on me. :(

LyndaLu

Re: Hormones or anxiety....

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 pm

I understand what you are saying. I have often wondered the same thing
about hormones. I am going through menopause and I know that the
change in hormones effects how I feel, but to what extent.
I also suffer from anxiety and depression.
Lynda :)

amazing1

Post by amazing1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:58 am

I also suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, depression. I always try to find answers to why I feel the way I feel. I was tired of feeling the way I did. And in my search I have found that Hormone's have alot to do with these feelings. I'm not saying that, that is the only reason but it contributes. After following the diet changes recommended by the program I still had problems. I am now doing bio-identical Hormone's and the depression has improved greatly, not to mention the hot flashes, and libido, and being able to sleep at night . But I know that I still need to do the program because I still need to get a hold of panic attacks and negative thinking, limitations. These I don't believe can be fixed by hormones.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I have heard that good thyroid health is very important
and if your thyroid is "out of whack" that you can have
problems physically AND psychologically. Anyone know anything
about thyroid changes affecting ones health?
Does the thryroid produce hormones?
Lynda :)