Anxiety and depression: my story long but please read.

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
coley429

Anxiety and depression: my story long but please read.

Post by coley429 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Okay, so I am very young. 17 years old and I am desperate for help. My anxiety started when I was in the 6th grade and I was convinced that I was going to die. I have never been the same since that year. Wide open spaces freak me out I constantly think im going to have a seizure or that I have brain cancer. The peak of my anxiety started this time last year and im not sure what happened but I am slowly destroying my life. I can't go anywhere or do anything without thinking im going to go crazy or have a seizure or die from cancer. I even avoid relationships with people and constantly worry and obsess about my relationships with people or embarrassing myself.I constantly think guys will leave me and end up pushing them away. I might have tmj which is a jaw thing from grinding teeth that can also cause. dizziness headaches and many other things but I can't help but think its a brain tumor or something I had a bloody nose yesterday and was convinced by brain exploded everytime I have a stomach ache I think I have stomach cancer. I've thought about killing myself numerous times. A 17 year old shouldn't live like this. No one should I hope this works. I pray to god this works. I need help so bad..advice? :(

PrayingForMyBabyGirl

Re: Anxiety and depression: my story long but please read.

Post by PrayingForMyBabyGirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 am

Please please please dont kill yourself, that is never the answer, you are 17 and have your whole life ahead of you. I cant imagine dealing with this so young, i can remember all through my school years having a little form of anxiety, everytime the principle would come in the class room my heart would jump because i was convinced he was coming to tell me something happened to one of my parents.
Anyway, have you tried meds, i know thats just a bandaid but sometimes they help till you can get through the program and get the skills you need to get through this and on with your life.
I promise it will get better. And i know anxiety and depression is hell but just think of the pain you will cause if you killed yourself.
DO you have the program, it worked for me. Please keep us informed on how you are doing ok. God Bless you!!