The story of my battle

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
wiccan_pixie

The story of my battle

Post by wiccan_pixie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi I'm Tiffany and I have been struggling with anxiety and depression since I was in kindergarten, about age 6. I had a rough childhood up until age 8 which caused ptsd. I was diagnosed with clinical depression at age 12. I swear I have tried just about every medication out there. Some never worked, some worked for about 6 months and then I would be back to square one. At about age 18 I took a plunge into despair. I dropped out of college and lost my job because all I could do was stay in bed. When I did go out I would do things that weren't normal for me. My family practitioner then diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. In the last 4 years my diagnoses has gone from mere bipolar disorder and ptsd to bipolar disorder, ptsd, anxiety disorder, borderline personality disorder, and borderline ocd. I was institutionalized for a week in February and prescribed Lithium which helped for about 6 months, which is my norm. I have just dropped to another all time low. My boyfriend, who I live with currently, purchased the cd's for this program for me. I am listening to the sessions. I am just having a hard time believing that this can help me. I have had problems with this for so long and nothing has really worked. I guess just giving this program the opportunity to help me gives me anxiety. The what if's are getting to me. But I will push through it because my boyfriend wants me to. I haven't been to work in about a week. I can't get myself out of the house and when I tried to go to work I had a panic attack. If anyone has pointers I'm willing to take them. Anything that will help.

finallyhere

Re: The story of my battle

Post by finallyhere » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 pm

I want ro respond by saying 'It's OK, sweetie!', but don't want to put out the wrong message. I believe I am old enough to be you mother and your story is very real to me. Please really give this program a try. I waited all this time because I wasn't over diagnosed, my parents were in denial of anything being wrong with 'something' they created. Been a tough life, but I wouldn't trade it or do it over for the world. You sound like you may be able to take on the purpose of this program at an earlier age than my level of maturity, aka, smarts, would allow me to. I am so glad you are here. The support is what is really making this program work for me. Keep writing and believe that you are great. I'm so glad I found you, because I was looking for my personal account and still can't find it. There are peeps all over the place around here. I haven't read the rest of your chat, but welcome. I'm starting in session 4 tomorrow. Please stick with this. It can only help, but it does hurt at times. Makes you think.... ;)

tjzaxxer

Re: The story of my battle

Post by tjzaxxer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 pm

hey tiffany, my names tim. ive been going through some of the same stuff as u, but for me, it was all because of my gf breaking up with me while i was coming back from vacation. ive tryed everything everybody told me to try(nothing bad though) but none of it worked and i still wake up with anxiety nd go to sleep depressed. i didnt know why she did this until recently. she hates the school we both r at nd wants to end All connections she has there, so im going through alot of crap too. i think we could help each other out.
Light and Darkness will show your true path. Don't stray away from either of them