Depression Raising Its Ugly Head Today

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Cathee60

Depression Raising Its Ugly Head Today

Post by Cathee60 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Today, I am having the crying jags. They started this morning and they won't stop, it's one right after another and it's already 3:00 in the afternoon. Along with the crying jags is an overwhelming feeling of absolute futility, darkness and hopelessness. I can't function, I feel confused and it is like a heavy wool blanket has been dropped on me and everything is dark and the air is stale.

I know it will pass but it is the fact that I have lost another day.

Paisleegreen

Re: Depression Raising Its Ugly Head Today

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:53 pm

How are you doing now, Cathee 60?

PrayingForMyBabyGirl

Post by PrayingForMyBabyGirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:29 am

I hope you are doing ok, i dont really have any advice but you are not alone, i have been feeling that exact same way and i have suffered anxiety and depression before but the depression is the worst its ever been, you described it to a t. I sure hope you are getting better. I cant wait till i can order the program.

worryguy

Post by worryguy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm feeling the same way. I've had a great life overall but these middle years have me feeling sad and fearful. Its so so overwhelming so much of the time. I find myself with tears often. I just cant seem to get back on top of things. Its exhausting.

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I agree with everyone that's responded so far. I'm in my mid 40's and lately it seems to be really tough not to stay in bed and pull the covers over my head. I make sure to eat right, get some form of exercise every day and drink plenty of water. I take vitamins every day too. I think that without those, I'd be much worse off. It's been a very rough year for me so far (I won't get into the details, but I've posted about it on other forums). I think that when people get to be my age, reality hits. I can't move the same way I used to when I was in my 20's, and I realize that times ticking away. It can get very depressive if I think about it all the time. I realize that people won't be around forever and I get a knot in my stomach if I think about it too much.

Eat right, exercise, drink water and live well.