On the right track but I just want to hide and stop

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
jhenry

On the right track but I just want to hide and stop

Post by jhenry » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:52 am

Everything I am doing is generally right I am working on everything but the soul of me seems absent. I just want to dissolve to be the nothing that I feel. Now that the anxiety isn't there I am absent; empty. What do you do when progress feels worse?

Paisleegreen

Re: On the right track but I just want to hide and stop

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm

I get that way too...do some easy walking or other type of exercise. Go somewhere where there are some nice people. Maybe a bookstore or library...or maybe a park. Sometimes we just need to get out and be around people, not necessarily a crowd. Paislee

jhenry

Post by jhenry » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 pm

I went to bed and slept 21 hours, it helped a lot. It seems that getting tired really kicks my depression off.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Oh, good, I'm glad you got in some good sleep. I know what you mean though, sometimes, we just need to take a break and rest our bodies, because anxiety really gets us worn out. Paislee

myveryownmidwest

Post by myveryownmidwest » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:02 am

It's amazing how rest/sleep restores us. I took a 4 hour nap this evening after work and it's like I'm a new person....almost :)
I also feel like my soul is just nowhere to be found. Depression breaks our spirit but we must fight!! I find that watching comedies really helps.

pinkhearts123

Post by pinkhearts123 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:09 am

Depression makes me feel empty and lonely. I have a hard time leaving the house JUST to be around people. I usually have to have a reason. And sleep is hard for me. I would LOVE to sleep a long time. Do you take anything for sleep?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:20 pm

I take Temazepam. But I'm still tired due to anxiety and overdoing it in my yard. I'm getting older where my muscles now really ache, not fun. So I have to realize that I can't do all the stuff I use to do. Paislee :mrgreen:

pinkhearts123

Post by pinkhearts123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 am

Thanks, I'm going to have to look in to that one. I look forward to the day anxiety doesn't take all my energy away!! Oh and I can relate to the age aches and pains. Not fun indeed!!! :lol:

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:37 pm

You're right, Pink Heart! :P

redbud

Post by redbud » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

I have been fighting the depression for the last 2 weeks. I feel empty inside all the time, but try to hide it from significant others. Anxiety is less, but still hovering in the backround. I am older and had a knee replacement last year and surgery on it a few months later. My exercise is limited,but i try. Can't do a lot of things now that I used to-bummer. Anyway, the tears just won't stop even with medication. I want to get out of this mood for everyone's sake. I'm afraid I will drive people away. I am blessed in many ways, so I shouldn't whine. I don't know- I'm scared of what will happen to me as I get older. I am 59 now. :(