Relapse

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
quyn2thee

Relapse

Post by quyn2thee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 pm

I really don't how to begin this. Today and last year around this time, I've been in a d rut. I'm 24 years old, I live alone, recently got dumped by my boyfriend and got fired from yet another job. It's like I go through these series of depression and anxiety. It's hard to explain but it's like I feel really good (content) and strong for a time and then all of a sudden, out of the blue, I have this weird anxiety attack (chest tightens up, feeling hot and cold, feeling nervous and scared, racing thoughts, crying) and what triggers it is when I see a movie or sometimes read a book. I've been through this since I was 10 years old, seen and still see doctors, took medications, even went to a young adult pyschatric hospital when I was 17. I'm afraid to tell anybody in my family about it because they've already been through this with me and I've seen them worry and wonder if I will ever snap out of this. I really don't want to put them through this again. I have this program. Last year I started reading it ( still haven't gone through all the chapters). I felt better and in control. Now I just sort of relapsed. Ugh! Anybody else feel like this?

twthoma40

Re: Relapse

Post by twthoma40 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Quyn2thee - I must be kin to you. I am a god deal older and I seem to have a relapse every few years. This time I am stuck. I bought the program a few years ago when I hit what I thought was bottom, and got through the first four weeks, but then came out of my troubles enough that I did not finish the program. I wish I had finished it - maybe it would have taught me more about myself and helped me prevent this occurrence. I tend to have manic depression I think - although never diagnosed - i go for a couple years happy and spend my money, and dont worry about anything and go 90 miles an hour until I make a big mistake. This time - I left a perfectly good job, started a business, borrowed a lot of money and then mis managed the heck out of it. I didnt do it on purpose - I was just in that state of hyperactivity so to speak, I started worrying about it in December and January and in February the Panic Attacks started again. Until I got into a serious panic mode in Late April and then started getting very depressed since I did not have to go to work much cause business was slow, and dang. Got myself right back here again.

This time I am really worried though. I waited until it was really bad and the bad depression was kicking in before I started to do anything about it. Finally got a few resumes our for jobs, finally trying to close the business and pay back as much as possible and get out of it before it drives me crazy - oh wait - I am not gonna go crazy -. I will tell you this. My depression is almost chronic - but in the first few weeks of doing the program I have began to get the Anxiety and Panic slightly under control. I hope that the depression begins to follow - I have not learned any techniques yet for the depression so I will have to keep struggling through until I learn more about myself, and this anxiety depression begins to subside.

However - I think I have to solve my problems that caused this anxiety - settle up with the business lenders as best as possible, and get a new job so I can feel like there is a light at the end of the financial trouble.

Maybe you have trigger points, and maybe the program will help you figure out what those trigger points are. I hope you keep up with the program, just like I hope I keep up with the program. I hope to see you come out of your depression, much like I am hoping to come out of mine. I had a small escape today - some work to do - and think if I can just get a normal job again I wil have a reason to get out of bed every day. For now - I am using this support network and the program to give me a reason every day to keep going. Like you I am alone - unfortunately I only have a few family members I can talk to and theylive far away. It seems like I dont have friends right now - although I was the most outgoing person you have met just six months ago. I dont understand it - but the only thing that does help right now is this program.

Keep with it. Update me as you move along. Good Luck. God Bless.
Tim