Is anyone out there unemployed.......

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
LyndaLu

Is anyone out there unemployed.......

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Is anyone out there unemployed ? I purchased the Program around the same time I started to collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits last year. I knew that I would need all the help I could get, so I ordered the Program late one night while I was watching television. I have not had a job for over two years and this, of course, creates a lot of negative and catastrophizing thoughts. As the months have turned into years and the benefits are running out and my savings account almost ceases to exist I can only think of myself as being financially broke and homeless. These are terrible thoughts and I have no support system whatsover because all of my "friends" are now "ex-co-worker friends" from my old job. My family consists of a sister who lives in a different state than I do, and an elderly mother. I have been seeing a psychiatrist since 2007 and I am on medications. I was at my last job for 24 years, almost half my life. My job was more than a job, it was my "home" and my "family". I am finding it very difficult to "start over" and to get the confidence that I need to carry on. Is there anyone else out there who is unemployed and feeling like there is never going to be an answer to this difficult situation ? Thanks for listening. Lynda Lu.

Paisleegreen

Re: Is anyone out there unemployed.......

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi LyndaLu :D I'm not unemployed, and yet I'm not quite employed. I don't have to go to work everyday, but I maintain the homefront while part of my family runs a business my husband started 20 years ago. That is when I was fully employed while he began our business on a shoestring.

I am more an empty nester and have experienced life changes. So I feel for you and your circumstances. I only hope for the best for you and want you to know that. My husband and I have gone through a lot and part of that involved losing jobs or buying a business that was more a "dead horse" and still having to pay the banks back, etc. Anyway, my one idea that helped me, was to put down a goal on paper, the dollar amount that you need and a date that you would like to see it happen. Then exercise all the faith that you have or hope and then just do what you can even if it is just to hope for it. Be positive...think positive thoughts and write down positive affirmations.

Just by thinking...even just a wee bit...will make the difference. Then practice Baby Steps...in something that you might need to improve on and see what happens. I'll check in on you... Paislee :)

Janet Marie

Post by Janet Marie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi Lynda, I can relate on so many levels to what you're going through. I lost my job, career, co-worker family/friends and life over 2 years ago. I had to sell my home in January, and haven't found a job that will pay enough to pay rent. I've stayed with family, friends, and now with my boyfriend, but it's not the same. I have a teenage daughter full time, as well. the last 6 months have been so horrible and the depression so bad that after a horrible night and ending up on the phone with the suicide prevention center, I ordered this program. (I had never heard or it, or seen the infomercial until that moment) I never even watched the whole thing. I called as soon as I heard "are you suffering from depression?")
Not finding a job for so long, then no longer having a home of my own (everything has been in storage for 6 months), left me so depressed and stressed I would blow every job interview, and finally it got to where I could barely function. just leaving the house is so difficult. I worry I'll never be able to find a job again, and that I'll never be able to get my life back in order. And interestingly enough, I didn't even know I had anxiety!!! Finding that out made so many things make sense! that I can "fix" the anxiety, and ultimately the depression, has given me hope.
I am not ready to tackle a job interview (my self esteem left when I lost my job and couldn't find another) but I was able to leave the house and go to the lake with my boyfriends family for the day this last weekend. I know that's not job related, but it gave me some hope that even these baby steps will lead to bigger things, and that if I continue this program (I am also seeking help with a therapist) that I'll be able to get a job, find a home, make friends, and feel happy again. :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Thank you Paislee and Janet Marie for your input and your support ! Lynda Lu. : - )

ldtorres

Post by ldtorres » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:05 pm

I feel the same way. I have been blowing interviews left and right. I know its because of my anxiety. Please pray for me and I will pray for all of you. I left my job in February and now I'm regretting it but it was the right thing to do. The hostility there towards me was unbelievable. I had never worked with such hypocritical people in my life. I felt rejected and now I'm trying to let go. I need to let go as it is time to forget those negative people. I know I made a mistake of saying something incorrect but they are the reason for the comments(they said bad stuff as I did-the environment was set for that trash talk). I need to concentrate on the beautiful people there and the beautiful people at other jobs I had in the past. I had the privilege of working with beautiful people in the past. I know there are more out there. I just need to be careful and be prepared for the interviews. I'm shy and it sometimes comes out as me being arrogant because I don't keep eye contact with the interviewer. I know I'm a good person to work with. I just need to relax when I go to interviews and realize that they are people like me too. I have asked God to forgive me for those negative comments and I pray that he cleanses my mind from those negative things. I have also asked God to clean those women as they hurt me and others with their tongue.

I just need to find a job and need to start out by getting control of my anxiety. Please pray for me. :)
Lori

Kathie C.

Post by Kathie C. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:40 pm

You are all so loved and forgiven! Believe that! We all beat ourselves up, when there are so many really evil people out there (just watch TV for an hour to prove it). Joshua 1:9 in the Bible says: "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD ty God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Use this or another positive quote or affirmation that works for you to MEDITATE (just repeat it over and over in your mind, especially when it's time to go to sleep). This practice has helped me so much. Also, I WATCH my reactions to thoughts and OBSERVE my physical feelings when I feel anxious or depressed and tell myself it is all based on LIES that were fed to me as a child--the subconscious mind thinks these bad things about us are true. The physical sensations are based on false assumptions that we carry around as baggage constantly. Just tell yourself, "IT's all lies--this too shall pass." And it does! Step outside yourself and just be an objective observer of your feelings. What would you tell a close friend who was saying these things to him or herself? This has worked very well to put me on a much calmer and even keel mentally. You are FORGIVEN! Believe it and stop berating yourself--Take God (The Holy Spirit) with you to your job interviews and everywhere. Let the Spirit speak through you and you can't go wrong.

KRC

twthoma40

Post by twthoma40 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Lynda Lu and Janet I can so relate. Paislee as always it is great to hear your support and thoughts.

I too have had trouble with my business and looking for a job. Its been six months. I am so surprised anyone gets a job these days, but I want to encourage you both to keep going. And to keep us updated. It will give you something to do and something to look forward to very week or so to let us know how you are doing. There are 19 Million other people out there in the US actively seeking employment because they had good jobs, lost them for whatever reason and now struggling to find a new one. We are a few of them, I am only mentioning that so you know you are not alone.

I pray often to get back in the game, employed, before I can no longer afford to pay my electric bill, and buy food. Something has to happen soon for each of us as long as we keep on going and keep on trying and praying. Keep up with the program. I am only a few weeks into it. I wish I had started it months ago - but I am not giving up. And I dont want you to give up.
God Bless, and Good Luck.
Tim

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:07 pm

It has been three months since my last post. I am now working on Session 12
of the Program.

I am still unemployed. My Unemployment Insurance Benefits
Extension will expire in February 2012, my COBRA Health Insurance
will expire in February 2012 and the lease on my apartment
will end in March 2012. I still have some money in my savings account.
In the very near future I may have
to look for assistance with housing, cash, food stamps, and
health insurance. A lot of these programs are being reduced
or eliminated, so I will see what happens.

I am also in the middle of a Social Security Disability Claim.
I don't know when the claim will be resolved ?

I need to go back to Session Three again, all this negativity
is bringing me down ! I haven't done much of anything for 2 1/2
years and I am becoming more of a "home-body" and I am
gaining weight too. I used to have a job and friends and
I liked to travel. I know that I am the only person that can
help myself to make my life better; easy to say that on "paper",
but very difficult to do that in the real world.

Lynda Lu

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 pm

It is me here again. I have been unemployed for almost 3 years now.
I worked at my last job for 24 years and so the past three years
have been terrible for me. My severance money is gone and my
retirement money is gone. I have unemployment insurance benefits
and health insurance until February 29th. My sister just started to help
me out financially and this is almost too much for me to bare, that I
need to have someone else pay my bills for me. I have even
been qualified to receive " food stamps ". My whole situation has
become very embarrassing for me. I had been self-
sufficient all of my life until my job was gone, I was always
independent and hard working. I have been in a lull
for such a long time. Now that my sister is helping me out I feel like
I have to try my very best to look for a job and do everything I can
to be proactive about improving myself and my life. I know that I
must have some worth and that I am a good person. I have become
a "homebody" and until today I did not realize how agoraphobic I was!
I don't care if I leave my apartment or not. I am just tired, whether
I am tired from my physical problems, sleeping problems or my behavioral health issues
I don't know....probably all of the above. Being without health insurance really
scares me, as I am taking many prescriptions. Everything is falling apart,
it has been for some time but I have been in denial ? I know that I
should be thankful for all of the things that I DO have. I still have an
apartment, a vehicle, my family. So many people don't have anything at all.
Well, that is my story.
Lynda

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello Lynda
My husband and I went through a rough time in the 80's when the steel mills closed. We even had to get on Welfare. I didn't mind getting food stamps but when he had to go around in the white city truck and clean parks and bathrooms. My heart broke. I wasn't ashamed of him just the situation we were in. I almost had a breakdown. He felt ashamed. This is a guy who was making good money, served in Vietnam, never asked for anything. Well, things worked out. I went back to school at 34 and two small children. I got a job at the hospital and got him in as a supervisor of housekeeping.
We made ends meet....not big salaries
What I really want to say is I understand
God Bless
p.s. My husbands sister and her husband just got layed off about a month ago on the same day!
Lucy Knepp
Pittsburgh :) .