Feeling Very Depressed today

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
theanalyzer

Feeling Very Depressed today

Post by theanalyzer » Mon May 02, 2011 12:31 pm

hi,
This is my first time on this website. I've been working through the cds and am working on cd 4 right now. However since Im an over analyzer and worry about everything its been a huge rollercoaster for me and I've been feeling like I'm getting worse. I've been soooo up and down lately that my mother (who is my "safe" person) is getting so tired with this whole ordeal. Now I'm upset again and I'm getting to my second day of crying. Last week was good, I was motivated, getting a little bit more confidant in myself. But then I had a panic attack tuesday night and ever since then I have been slowly getting more and more depressed. Now I feel I'm back to square one again. Again feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. I feel like just dropping everything and not work on it anymore. Anybody have any advice on a overly negative, sensitive, worrier, analyzer, .... hmmm let's see could there be anything else I am? Even that question is very upseting to me.

Bryson

Re: Feeling Very Depressed today

Post by Bryson » Mon May 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Not to be negative but it's going to be like this perfect the skills they give you in program.Its different for everyone, you have to have a strong desire to get better. I'm not good with words but, that's what I think you should do. Good luck and GOD BLESS :D

bob p

Post by bob p » Wed May 04, 2011 6:04 am

keep with it. you can do it. i know your mom is your safe person but you really are your own safe person and your mom and all of us at StressCenter are here to support you and have your back. there are going to be alot of ups and downs but you can get through these growth spurts. i know you can do it. stick to the program. i still am and i originally to it back it 2004. i am always learning. good luck.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 10, 2011 12:42 am

I know it is hard, I'm going through a rough patch myself. But hope for a better day tomorrow. I've had better days and worse days, so keep on working the program, it'll help. Paislee :)

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Since I moved out of my home state in November, its honestly taking a long time for me to get over my depression.
I have ups and downs. But the mind is what you need work on. stopping those THOUGHTS that make you and keep you down are the culprit. Its alot of work when you are so conditioned since childhood. But, if you dont try and TRY HARD, you will remain in the depressive state. Remember that situations CHANGE and NOTHING STAYS THE SAME......YOU are the one torturing yourself...no one else. Even if you think they are...you can just PUT THAT STOP SIGN up like Lucinda says....It will work.
:)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 16, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey, Creamcheese, I just watched that video today and saw the "stop sign" ! :D Its true, we have to tell ourselves to STOP! when we start thinking a negative thought. I'm training myself on doing this, first of all I'm realizing the negative thought, that is the first step. Now when I recognize it, I tell myself to "STOP"! It is helping...Paislee :mrgreen: