Hi, may need some support.

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
singerdude

Hi, may need some support.

Post by singerdude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

Sorry for the silly alias, I see lots of honest people here using their full names and first names, but I can't use my name at all. I am not super famous ,but name pulls up in google search really easy, so I'd rather be anonymous as I don't ever want to go public with my issues.... which are indeed many.

I realize before I can really take part in a support community like this or another in PUBLIC -not happening- and heal some old mental illnesses that I need to address my immediate threat: potential spiraling depression.

I don't even know what to say. I have anxiety, OCD and depression. I have had alcohol problems, used mild drugs and prescription drugs like Xanax and prozac -long ago.

I am 40. Male. I have have anxiety since I was 4? OCD since 15? Depression on and off for years. Well it is back again. I think I have been in denial for a year or more.... slowly it seeps into your heart and mind. Looking back at it now, I see it is the reason for my feelings of social disassociation and just not ever really having fun. I am happiest when I am alone. How sick is that? That has been my life, though no one who knows me, knows it.

All start with the slow dismantling of my relationship, about 2 years ago? Again, in denial. Direct questioning, she answered 100's of times that she didn't want to break up then became wasn't sure what she wanted.... Lots of hot and cold. 8 years. Now it is here. The darkness. I feel totally alone. After returning to my girlfriend after several months because I was out of the country, and it was decided that "break" might be what she needed for us - she has avoided me for 7 days. SEVEN days.

This has never happened in 8 eights... not like this. I tried to reach out as a last attempt effort to connect to her emotionally on flippin facebook...I hate facebook... - we live together, but I need facebook to reach her iphone to say anything! WTF?
I have shut my mouth about my personal feelings about her to all... it is too hard. Dreams that will not happen, a proposal lost ... all of that.

I guess I posted here to spew..., not even sure how I found this ---other than being alone, on my new macbook pro, surfing the internet 15-20 hours per day... That's another thing, I have been planning to buy this new MBP for 2-3 years. I finally got it last month, I never really felt much?

When I spoke of my girlfriend to a friend online of course he offered to meet me for a beer, but I told him that I wasn't ready to see anyone. Anyone, his summary to me was he said her violence, temper has been a pattern and I am a victim and need to take my life back. For the first time, I feel like my failed love life is a hollywood drama. It isn't glamorous either. Any he urged me to get out doing things fast. I asked why and if he thought I sounded that depressed. He replied isn't hard to spiral downward fast. So I guess that why I am here. Truth is I don't like typing this sh$t. I rather be surfing the net on comfortable sites...

I've tried to keep a little positive. Chewing on some anti-anxiety gum, holistic (flower extracts) anti-anxiety pills, but I think the only thing that made me feel warm is funny vids on youtube and eating Flinstone vitamins that I bought for a joke months ago...now I am eating them like candy. I have an addictive-type personality, I am trying not to self-medicate with alcohol or other substances.... so far, so good.

In truth, over the months when I was overseas I told myself to consider other women as did those around me. Logically, my mind told to accept probable break-up when I return. I know we have fought terribly for the past year. I feel I've been her prisoner for a year- trying to be strong, positive, non-engaging into her negative confrontational way (which she developed more of over the past 2 years or so).

I spent the past year with any anger issues I have had in relationship-related arguments in the past. I am proud that I have done quite well with this in face of her being literally in my face several occasions this past year as if she was the rockstar!

I am feeling the anxiety of the near-day that I will need to start packing and move out. Again, nothing can really prepare you for this... trust me... I have been preparing in both hopefulness OR acceptance of it being over.... Well, her contempt for our relationship tells all...7 days straight. Here it is, knocking on my door, but it is hard as hell to answer it.

Perhaps, my open approach to preparing (both hopeful or accepting the opposite) for either scenario equally thorough has made it all the more real for me now..since I feel unbitter, but saddened. I can break down if I think of any good memory, hopeful thoughts I clung to this past year, or even sing a song that hits home. That is my state. That is me, now. Bleak.

In the coming week or couple days, I need to find a place to live. The only positive thing is, since she has been avoiding me constantly, there's a chance that when I move she won't even be here. Last night she never came, still hasn't as I type this. Out with girl friends or a new man in her life? Saw her on facebook earlier and I asked the obvious question : where are you? and she then went offline. Like she's a stranger and this is a bad dream...literally has me questioning if this is really happening. My messages to her were to be positive; encouraging her to not be rash, fully consider self-contemplation of her negative actions, employ self-forgiveness and to forgive me, not to blame me, to have hope.

I don't really know what more to say. I just want the sh$tty feelings to end, but it's gonna get worse for me. This is only the beginning I guess... It hurts more that she is treating me like I don't exist, all that we have been through and experienced, and she deals with her pain this way? Total denial, partying and working over-time, spending her money faster than she's making it... What's worse is that she has been making more money at her new business venture, which I am happy for her, but it has been thrusting her into more selfishness and validation of ego-centric behavior without remorse. This no remorse, no conscience attitude she has might have made me angry before, but now it saddens me. The little-helper in me wants to get her off this path, but this path maybe her way of breaking up with me? Or it could be her chosen path to self-indulgence and breaking up with me is easy for her?

Thing that gets me though, is we vowed to ever cheat on one another (maybe she has been?? ) out of sheer respect for each other ( I have received NONE despite my giving of respect to her) and it makes shake my head because she mentioned 7-8 months that it'd be her worst nightmare to lose our friendship/respect if we ever do break up... something she said at the beginning, before we became an item, too - 8 years ago. Well, here she is making her nightmare become true without remorse.

I should mention she is 9 years younger than me, which would never really mean much seeing most 32 old women are extremely mature... even lots of 24-25 yr old ladies... This gal has lived somewhat of a charmed life thanks to her dad... so there's that. I had deeper ties to her to support her over the years as her parents aren't good together and secretly want to be divorced and my... ugh EX knows it.. Also, that her father hit her mom and her sister and brother 17-20 years ago..but she has no memory if she was hit, too. So I always tried to be with her (my parents have had a blessed healthy marriage of anyone that I know of actually) to heal her heart and I always thought that could be my gift to her. In truth, I feel she was probably hit, too as her siblings, but just isn't aware of it.

That would explain her violent outbursts over the past 5 years, that progressed until it came to head this past August. Would explain her dismissal of her terrible words and actions without remorse. I could NEVER f#$king understand that? How does she NEVER feel guilty???? That's not normal in my books. I've typed too much. I guess I need to spew some sourness. It's hard to be sanguine in the wake of gloom....

Hope you all are doing better than I am.

Peace
Last edited by singerdude on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paisleegreen

Re: Hi, may need some support.

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 am

HI singerdude! Welcome to StressCenter.com! There is nothing wrong with the name you call yourself. We all don't use our real names, at least I don't. We can't be free to "spill our guts" so to speak if we weren't anonymous.

Do you have the Program or just came on here randomly from a commercial? My sister told me about Lucinda and when I needed some help with anxiety and had experienced my first panic attack, it sent me reeling! :o I hope that we can help you out as you sort things out in your life. I've come a long way since being here and have not had any panic attacks since last summer. Dealt with anxiety issues and weaning off of Beta Blockers and anti-depressants, so I've come a long way using Lucinda's CDs and working with the great people that come on here for support.

I'm glad you have a good example of a great marriage with your parents. Today's society is lacking in examples of good relationships and that is what life is all about is finding the good stuff through the bad. LIfe is a challenge and now it your turn to take it on and figure out what will work for you and your relationships in the future and with this woman friend of yours.

It is hard to want to help someone, when they don't really want your help or see that they need help. I've been through it with many people. Just remember to take care of yourself and your health. Paislee

Nanner823

Post by Nanner823 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 am

singerdude,

I don't think the name is at all odd. I sometimes use my name it's Nanette. I am no one of importance though lol so I could share.

Your in a rough spot I have to agree. I myself have been through abusive relationships one after another. Not physically abusive though which is only because my 100 lbs would drop a man real fast if he ever laid a hand on me. Anyway, A person worth hurting over, would NEVER hurt you. So its sad to say you should move on, perhaps those are not the words that are easiest to hear right now. I see no excuse for avoidance 7 days is too long for her to not just be honest about whatever has her doing what she is.

I'm interested in the gum you speak of.
I'm happy you felt safe enough to post in here either way.

I would like to commend you on all the things you have gotten under control. I know you like to be alone but if you ever need an ear I would like for you to not hesitate. I do all the time, hesitate that is, so I'm happy you reached out living inside your own head is too much for anyone to take.

Hope you feel a bit better now that you have reached out. I am new to this whole site, but Paislee is a pro it seems. She always has such wise things to say.

Cancun007

Post by Cancun007 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:42 pm

I think alot of times we allow ourselves to be miserable because that is all we know how to be....MISERABLE...I mean honestly would we put ourselves through all the tortures that we do if we were happy individuals. I don't think so...I have had my ups and downs just like anyone else. On my ups I put up with no B.S. from anybody....On my downs I was alot more insecure, thus alot more tolerable to others abuse of me. Makes sense if you think about it. I think you are hurt and angry...Two emotions that are totally natural yet destructive if carried too far. You know that this relationship that you are in or were in is never going to work...Too much past, too much drama. Do yourself a favor and re-discover yourself. Reasons and Seasons my friend. All people are in your life for reasons and seasons...Some help you, some hurt you, and some do a little of both. In regards to your life, try something new. You might fail or you might succeed, but to do nothing is the worst decesion of all. Step back from the puzzle which is your life and take a wider view of it...You might just find the missing pieces after all..It will take work, it will take effort. Not everything is going to work, but some things will and you can build from there. You seem to be a very smart person and you got yourself into this lifestyle and you can get yourself out...I know I talk kind of hard....but.....it's all the truth and you are better than that. You deserve more out of life than what you are receiving...Be your own best friend for a while. You will find if you will do that you will attract alot more good than bad in your life...I hope I helped...And I do care. Stay Blessed.

Kathie C.

Post by Kathie C. » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Singerdude,

I am PRAYING for you! You need help to move on and lose your victim mentality (not that we don't all have a bunch of that), but surfing the net 15-20 hours???! Get yourself a life, the one you deserve. Though you think it is "love", your girl is a LOSER, whom you CHOOSE to let make all your choices for you. You are, that is, making all choices based on eight years with a sick chick. Love yourself more and find a higher power. You can continue turning the eight years into nine or more and waste what could be a great, talented life to help lift others who really need you; or you can choose to say "ENOUGH"! Then you will really begin to live the life you are meant to have. Be with people who appreciate you for you. There are plenty enough challenges out there without giving others control over all our thinking and feeling! Move ON, dude. I'm speaking from experience as a senior citizen with major depression! Don't want you to still be where I am twenty-five years from now. Life is precious. You have your health, i don't. So use it wisely before it is too late!

Meant with motherly love,
Kathie

singerdude

Post by singerdude » Sun May 01, 2011 5:23 am

Some great advice, it is resounding so I know it is true. One month later, black hasn't totally given way to blue yet -so to speak. However, I am getting some work here and there, I have been out a few times. I have drank quite a few times, socially and privately, but nothing in excess of 2-3 drinks on a given occasion. No drugs. But my sleeping habits are really messed up. Regularly up all night, through the next day. Another day, 5-7 hours. Weekend maybe sleep 14 hours. Messed up. I am still not eating much. Lost about 10 pounds. I have tried exercising a little. Seems to help a bit. I guess I REALLY thought despite all the BS with this sick chick that IF she opened her eyes/mind and saw what was important, we'd have a way. I am still waking up so to speak. Delusion/hope is strong within, I guess. I know how to be a cold person when breaking up with someone, but I chose not to be this way with this break up. However, it was proving hard, so I removed her and her friends etc from my Facebook so as to keep her out of my mind more. She probably thought it was to spite her, but I don't care. She has really seemed to change into a totally different person, and I sense the more she acts out, she feels more empowered and saw in my facial reactions. Weird, indeed. I saw similar things from ex's in high school, but that's f##king high school!