feeling blue already

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Toni Louise

feeling blue already

Post by Toni Louise » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:04 pm

I have listened to the first 2 CD's and been working on my journal.Feeling blue today. I am feeling disgusted with myself actually. My weight, my hair is falling out and I feel ugly.I am thinking I am feeling blue because the sun is out and Spring is here and I cant hide in my coat for much longer. I did listen to the relaxation cd and fell alseep and slept soundly. Is it okay to skip ahaead and read listen to the diet and excercise segment now..? I dont know I guess I just want to be all better now.

Paisleegreen

Re: feeling blue already

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am

I listened to all the CDs when I got them, just to give me an overview. Then I would listen to them in order for longer periods and often. They are all very helpful. I now go back and listen to the CDs on the area that I feel I need the most help at the time. Good Luck, you will feel better! Paislee :mrgreen:

Toni Louise

Post by Toni Louise » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 am

My husbands alcholism. My feeling depressed being around him. Last night he had a crying jag. Again it could never be the alcohol. I am feeling very trapped. Boxed in. I dont like this. Where do I draw the line and say enough is enough? i thought I could help him. I cant. Life is hard enough, with out being here. I am ready to call it quits and take care of me andme only. I feel guilty for this.

dombranelle

Post by dombranelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:35 am

I have an alcoholic husband as well.... I don't know what to do about him, I do know that if you just change the way you react to him you can feel better. I used to have so many negative feelings about myself, about him, about my kids, all because of the way his alcoholism affected my behavior, my actions and my emotions. I still struggle with this, but not as bad as I used to. I do try very hard to "work" on ME. You are the only person who can change the way you feel. I have to remind myself everyday. Chose to be in the best mood possible for yourself... even if it means just feeling ok for today, as long as it's better than normal...that's a good thing. Baby steps I tell myself... It works... little by little you will feel better.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Toni, I think Dombranelle gave you some good advise. Is there a way that you can go to a 12 Step Program in your town? So that you can get some support? Paislee

HelpingHands

Post by HelpingHands » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:44 am

I know it can be so hard to focus on yourself when you are reacting to others. I do recommend using some additional support.
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/info2/a/blfam.htm This is a cool start. :idea:

We are all here to support your journey, and it is YOU time!! Lets start there. When you find yourself reacting negatively to YOU because of the way HE made you feel--jot it down. Sometimes it is important to see how much you are letting someone affect you. Also jot down the way you feel. Make sure you are writing down positive affirmations as well. Positive affirmations take a lot of training, so even if you arent finding it easy to believe them at first, consider them ALWAYS. If he is not ready for change, the previous responses were correct, you have to change the way you react!
Best wishes :D

dombranelle

Post by dombranelle » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:08 am

Toni I hope you are feeling better... if you need to talk about your husbands alcoholism, i am here... you can contact me. I hope you continue the program and start to feel better!

Toni Louise

Post by Toni Louise » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:46 am

The real issue is this.I knew he had problems and I married him. He has his own home to go back to and I am almost ready for that to happen. I married a man with lots of issues. This is stressing me out. I did this! And now I want out! What to heck was I thinking? I was willing to accept this mess and I am here now! This is my fault.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 am

I can't say it is all your fault. The alcoholics I know are very charming and manipulative, consider yourself a victim of their dysfunction. It takes two people to make a marriage. These are just things that one learns by sad experience, now it is just important for you to get healthy and recover. We're here for you! Paislee :)