I feel that I have NO future

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
MrCleveland

I feel that I have NO future

Post by MrCleveland » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Right now, I'm very depressed...my parents are walking all over me even though I don't live with them and when I have to do stuff for them...it benefits them...not me. It seems that their future is more important than mine and I feel that I have NO purpose in life right now! :(

bna

Re: I feel that I have NO future

Post by bna » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. You ARE a very valuable and worthwhile person. Don't let your negativity get you down. YOU MOST DEFINITELY HAVE A FUTURE and you must believe that. Hang in there.

Take care and God bless.

nerveball

Post by nerveball » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Believe me I hear you. You have a future I'm sure, you just can't see it yet. Like me. There is help out there if you hang in there. I'm barely hanging myself but if we help each other we might get somewhere. As down as I am right now I still don't want to see someone else suffer. I don't know how much good I can be but I'm willing to try.

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Right now, I would like to hang around with my parents, but because of the manipulation they did the last two years and now my mom is extremely depressed...it's VERY difficult.

I try to help my mom...but she's more hopeless than I am. I feel that I'm at least trying....

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Mr Cleveland, I can't recall if your Mother is getting any help for her depression?

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:34 am

Paisleegreen wrote:Mr Cleveland, I can't recall if your Mother is getting any help for her depression?
She isn't....

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Ah.. that's too bad, that would really help you out if she would go get some help either by counseling or meds.

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Tomorrow, I HAVE to put stuff on the computer to sell for my parents because my dad said that he's worried about his future so that means HIS Future is more important than mine!

I'm just about to see a Fortune-Teller now because I feel that I have no future!

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 pm

I can relate to difficulties with critical, manipulative parents. I took a 6 year break from them when I could not take their false allegations, put-downs, negative comparisons and shredding of my self-esteem any longer. I came back into the relationship after 6 years with boundaries. It worked. Our old relationship died and I was able to forge a new relationship on my terms. My parents didn't change, I changed. Taking time out helped me to take back my own power which I had handed them all my life. My father recently died and I could look him in the eye and tell him I loved him, I forgave him, I thanked him for all the blessings he gave me in my life and I asked him to forgive me. I am so grateful that God healed my relationship with him before he died. Today I set the rules, time I spend with my mother and I do what I want to. I am firm and strong with her and refuse to be manipulated or controlled by her. I realize I have to love myself first before I can truly love others. Giving out of duty and manipulation, doing because I feel guilty isn't loving. Blessings from Bunny

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:06 pm

bunny rabbit wrote:I can relate to difficulties with critical, manipulative parents. I took a 6 year break from them when I could not take their false allegations, put-downs, negative comparisons and shredding of my self-esteem any longer. I came back into the relationship after 6 years with boundaries. It worked. Our old relationship died and I was able to forge a new relationship on my terms. My parents didn't change, I changed. Taking time out helped me to take back my own power which I had handed them all my life. My father recently died and I could look him in the eye and tell him I loved him, I forgave him, I thanked him for all the blessings he gave me in my life and I asked him to forgive me. I am so grateful that God healed my relationship with him before he died. Today I set the rules, time I spend with my mother and I do what I want to. I am firm and strong with her and refuse to be manipulated or controlled by her. I realize I have to love myself first before I can truly love others. Giving out of duty and manipulation, doing because I feel guilty isn't loving. Blessings from Bunny
I could use a LOT of Blessings right now...I feel that God Cursed Me with autism, having NO car and girlfriend, and having parents who insisted me to do everything as well as everyone else.

Right Now...I'm playing the theme from "M*A*S*H"! :cry: