My husband hurt me now I feel worthless

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
radarsmom

My husband hurt me now I feel worthless

Post by radarsmom » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm

My husband bacame "friends" with a old school classmate on facebook and in less than 2 weeks he was flirting with her, talking down about me, taking sexually charged quizzes with her, asking her where she lives now (right across town) and finally he called her while he was at work. He told her that he had ALWAYS liked her and had been attracted to her and that she was his sunshine. I had never met this person and we have been together for 27 YEARS. I found all this out only because I was suspicious of his strange behaviour and I checked his email and got on his facebook site. I got all the info together and confronted him and of course at first he lied but when shown all the proof I had on him he finally admitted it. He said that he still wants to be with me and he is still here but now I do not trust him and I question EVERY move that he makes. Have any of you been through something like this? I felt bad about myself and being disabled before but now......I feel worthless. My heart is broken and I don't know how to go on. He is trying hard to regain my trust but my heart is guarded. I don't know what to do. Before I felt special even though I am disabled from agoraphobia I always felt like I was special to him. Now there is a woman in this world who knows that he is married and yet he wrote her loving messages and was trying to find her where she lives so he could go see her and he called her. And I feel like dirt. Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Paisleegreen

Re: My husband hurt me now I feel worthless

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi Radarsmom--I'm sorry you are going through this. That's the new world of technology that has Men and Women testing their moral fiber. Hopefully, things can be resolved, and you might need to get some counseling or see your clergy. We're here to help you out as far as our abilities allow us to. You are not dirt and not worthless, you are a child of God. You have gone through a very trying experience and hopefully you can start to feel better about yourself soon. My heart goes out to you. Paislee