my story. What do I do now?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
mommyB

my story. What do I do now?

Post by mommyB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:03 pm

This year and part of last year has been ( you know what). My husband left me in Nov. right before Thanksgiving. I have 2 boys and 2 step children. The kids are a mess. My husband left because I had been having problems with depression, anxiety and drinking for years. I didn't know that my drinking and lack of motivation was because of my depression and anxiety. I have quit drinking. Its been 3 months almost since my last drink. I have also gotten back into college and am looking for a job. But I have been so depressed and anxious. I am on anti depressants and anxiety medication. I don't know if my anti depressant is working. I have my family for support, but I miss my husband. Where do I go now?

Paisleegreen

Re: my story. What do I do now?

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:06 pm

I posted a little bit on your other posting about depression and life not being that great right now. It looks like you are on the right track and working on becoming healthy mentally and physically. Keep posting, things will get better. Paislee

Cancun007

Post by Cancun007 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 pm

What do you do now....You move foward. Please realize that life is nothing more than reasons and seasons. There is a time for happiness and a time for pain. There is a time to learn and a time to teach. Everything believe it or not happens for a reason. Stay focused and continue moving foward and you will become a better person not only to yourself, but also the ones around you. I am proud of you for not using alcohol anymore as a coping mechanism. It's a false sense of security that destroys lives...Point Blank...Keep up the great work and learn to not only forgive yourself, but to also love yourself..Stay Blessed.

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:15 am

Sorry to hear about your recent struggles!

If you have taken your antidepressant for at least a month, and find no relief, you may want to talk to your doctor about this! He may decide to up your dosage, augment with another med, or change medications altogether! It does, however, take from 4-6 weeks for the antidepressant to work! If you have been on for at least that long, with no noticeable positive change, talk to your doctor immediately! Good luck to you and the kids! Things will get better!

pauly j