Where do I turn?

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Bronco30

Where do I turn?

Post by Bronco30 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 pm

I am 34 years old. I suffer from depression, have my whole life. My depression is off and on. I have good days for about a week, then I will have three bad ones. I was ignored as a child, mother was an alcoholic and perspiration drug addict. Dad was married to my mother for 34 years and drowned himself in coaching high school basket ball . He was always focused on coaching and never on me. That is the short condensed version of my story.. much more, but trying not to bore everyone..
My main question is: If I don't have insurance, how can I afford to see a psychologist or receive any medication for my depression? I am self employed and my wife is currently un-employed. Any suggestions out there?

Pauly J

Re: Where do I turn?

Post by Pauly J » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:40 am

I would say to try and use the state or government assistance progam for low income if you can qualify! I was self employed until i stopped working and wife works and i qualified and was able to get medical and got to see a Psychologist! Good Luck!

pauly j