Staying happy in an unhappy house. Family does not get alon

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
pat2584

Staying happy in an unhappy house. Family does not get alon

Post by pat2584 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 am

u
Hello everyone. This is the first time on this website so tell me when I do something wrong. My husband died and when I was the deepest in greiving my daughter and her husband decided to take out my old little mobile home and the three of us buy a modular home. Don't know why I agreed but I did. Main problem. Daughter is a yeller, and she yells disrespectfully at me, The grandaughter had to move in after graduation and I thought it was for a couple months. She moved her not want to work boyfriend in and they spend most of their time sitting on their rumps playing on the computer, of course mommy and daddy gave them one since they have told them gee, there just doesn't seem to be any jobs so sit tight till their are some. How do you know there are any until you apply. They use every word in the book and say they can because of freedom of speech. They pay some rent so my daughter always takes her side because they don't want to loose that extra money that they only get, even though we both make the house payment. We can't carry on a conversation about anything because it always ends up with Trisha or Lisa or Bobby yelling at me. Telling me what to do. Telling me what I can and can't use in the kitchen as far as food. My grandaughter came at me once with a knife. I sshould have called 911 but I didn't. I am writing this because I found a half way idea to live without an ulcer. I go to Barnes and Noble Book Store every day. I get a lot of work done for the group I belong to and a step study group I teach so it's good. I still have to come home and it's always nasty. We co own the house and property but I owned the land before we bought the house and also have outbuildings that were here. I also put down all the money to get into the house. I used every penny I had and now I am so broke, trying to pay the Home Depot bill that we maxed out on the house. We got a $3,800 rebate for buying a house last year and I thought they would give it to me to cover a little of the money I spent but instead they tried to hide it from me and I didn't get a dime. Right now I really want to die. But then I couldn't go to heaven and spend eternity with my husband who has already passed so I can't kill myself. It's a very tough situation. My sister lives in Arkebsas and wished she could boot them out, well, I wish I could. She is all I got for blood relatives. If they moved out I would have to get a border, the payments are $999 a month. I think I could get some assistance too. At first I thought there was no way I could live here, but now I want to stay here since my husband and I bought the land in 1982 and planned to retire on it. I have the most invested in the purchase so they should let me have it if I decided to kick them out. I would loose the only part of my family that's left, but I would have to find a way to live without them, hoping they would speak to me some day. Whoever is listening, thanks. Pat Popplewell

tommy_riley

Re: Staying happy in an unhappy house. Family does not get

Post by tommy_riley » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi Pat,
I saw your story last week - I wish I had advise for you, but I don't. Hopefully something presents itself to you soon that will make things easier to get out of the situation.

I hope it does!

-tommy

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Pat,

I'm sorry to hear of your story. I'm glad that you own the land and still have a place to stay. Clearly the Grandchildren/boy friend is taking advantage of you and your situation. They should not disrespect you in that manner. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that things will get better for you. Just by being here I think you will start to feel better and stronger. Keep on posting, we care about you. Paislee

MrCleveland

Post by MrCleveland » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

I, myself am living on my own, but it seems that my own parents STILL take advantage of me because I have computer skills!

I'm sooooo mad at my parents right now because they've taken advantage of me the last few years and treated me not too well! :x

I can't help them out everyday because they seem that I have to help them everyday. I might as well move back in with them because that's what they want! :x :x :x