Feeling let down

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.
Michele G

Post by Michele G » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Someone who I thought was my friend did something to me that hurt very deeply. My father passed away last Tuesday, and this person called and checked on me when she found out. She told me she couldn't promise to be at the visitation, she lives in another town and isn't too familiar with this area, so I told her not to worry about it. I didn't want her to come down here and get lost. But then she told me she would call me on Sunday to check on me again, which was today. All day I looked for her to call and she never did. Some other people called, thank goodness, or I would feel like no one cared about me. But that one friend is someone I really care about, and I would never dream of doing her that way. She might have had a good reason not to call, you never know...something might have happened. In the meantime I'm taking it personal, like she doesn't care about me as much as I thought. I have to face her at work tomorrow, hope I can stay calm and not do or say anything I'll regret later. Any advice from anybody would be helpful and appreciated.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Someone who I thought was my friend did something to me that hurt very deeply. My father passed away last Tuesday, and this person called and checked on me when she found out. She told me she couldn't promise to be at the visitation, she lives in another town and isn't too familiar with this area, so I told her not to worry about it. I didn't want her to come down here and get lost. But then she told me she would call me on Sunday to check on me again, which was today. All day I looked for her to call and she never did. Some other people called, thank goodness, or I would feel like no one cared about me. But that one friend is someone I really care about, and I would never dream of doing her that way. She might have had a good reason not to call, you never know...something might have happened. In the meantime I'm taking it personal, like she doesn't care about me as much as I thought. I have to face her at work tomorrow, hope I can stay calm and not do or say anything I'll regret later. Any advice from anybody would be helpful and appreciated.
Hi...I am sooooo very sorry that your father passed away!!! First of all, I would like to offer my condolences to you!!!

Secondly, I don't think that your friend would have bothered calling you and checking in on you, if she didn't care about you!!! Honestly, I don't!!!

Thirdly, I would say that something came up and it totally slipped her mind!!! Maybe, it was something which was very stressful to her and she totally forgot about promising to call you!!!

Or she could just be at a loss for words!!! Sometimes, it is soooooo very difficult to know what to say when these type of things happen to those we love!!!

But, that don't mean we don't care, it is kinda like, we are at a "loss for words"...

Nevertheless, I am sure your friend cares deeply about you!!! So, I really think that you are taking this very personally, because you have gone through soooooo very much!!!

I pray that God comforts your heart during this difficult time in your life!!!

Again, I offer my deepest Sympathy to you!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I agree with Mrs. T-bones. I have MANY-a-time forgot to call someone because things would just come up. Or everytime I did remember to call I was in an environment that I couldn't, and by the time I could, I'd forget again. I've also taken a "nap" before only to wake up the next morning with missed calls and texts. I haven't gotten back to mom in 3 days or sometimes longer because I was literally just too tired to talk because my job was so mentally and physically demanding.

I'm VERY sorry about your dad, by the way.