Does anyone else just want to stay in bed???

Anyone suffering from depression may post their history, experience, comments and/or suggestions. Please refrain from indepth discussions about medicines or other therapies.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

OMG, I thought I was the only sleepyhead???
Glad to see I am not alone. OH...my bed is so comfortable, OH....I feel like all my problems just melt away under my covers and my tons of pillows!!!! I do sleep well, I get into REM sleep without difficulty....BUT MAN when I am in it, I am part of it. I was born tired. I went to doctors for being tired all the time and they never found anything wrong. BUT oh, I just love to sleep!!!!! creamcheesepuff

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm the same way! Glad I'm not the only one!
I hope it changes soon...my 30 day free trial stuff is supposed to come in the mail this week!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:55 pm

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I sleep all the time. about 10 hours at night and ranging from 4-6 during the day. Some times I stay home from school just to sleep. Its become a real problem though, I still have the drive and want to get outof my house and do stuff tho ( thank the lord i luv my friends and parties)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:31 am

I think depression causes a lot of it. Be safe and check it out with a physician. There are some physical things that could cause it too.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 am

John Mac....OMG did I laugh when I saw what was under your name "Were all here because we're not all there. Funny. I try to find the humor in this but its difficult at times.
With the sleep thing.....I am a RN, I never did worry about my sleep habits. I was a night owl all my life and loved to stay up and sleep till noon. I feel depression does play a role, but I look at sleep as a way of the body and mind trying to ease itself from the turmoil that we put ourselves through, we mentally bash ourselves and our brains just NEED and want that rest so to speak. I always wanted to be a morning person but I just couldnt swing it.
anyway.....To all the Sleepaholics out there, JohnMac is right, if you do sleep More than being awake...it could be a simple Blood test and supplement to get you back into a more wakeful mode. Dont hesitate if you do sleep more than 10-12 hours a day...thats really alot.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:13 am

I don't really want to sleep, I'm just tired, but think it is due to the Remeron I've been taking since a Physician Assistant first put me on it to control my panic attacks along w/ beta blockers. Luckily, I was able to see my regular Psychiatrist and he weaned me off the beta blockers but kept me on Remeron. Because I refuse to use Xanax. So I'm here now trying to figure out how to work with my new found anxiety w/o the aid of generic Xanax.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

I notice that my fatique, tiredness and wanting to sleep all day has its moments. It waxes and wanes. I try to think of the physical activity, the mental stress, and the general feel of the day and its goings on that affected me. I may not be totally aware of just what in my life stresses me out....it may be subtle things that I may not even give a thought about but do affect me. In fact.....I dream about people and things that I THINK I am not even thinking or had dealings with for some time...so how does that affect mood?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Very interesting, I think my tiredness comes the same way. I'm sure that affects your mood. We suppress so many things that we aren't aware of until...Wham! It comes at the most unexpected time. My son got married not too long ago at a time that was not of my choice. Earlier than I expected and during a time when I had weaned myself off of my antidepressants and Xanax. I hadn't been taking the Xanax for very long, but anti-depressants for years.

Three days after the wedding, I had a melt down while tending to some of my volunteer service. The pressure of the simple tasks I had to do came at me so fast and was stressing me that I could not hold the tears back. I just had to go to the ladies room and weep. I tried to control it and go back to my duties, but I still had more weeping to do. Finally, after some chocolate mints and 1/4 of .5 MG of generic Xanax, I was able to go back to my duties answering phone calls, and other office duties.

Which in another time or place, would be a piece of cake and rather boring, completely, started the floodgates to open. Up to that point, I had been getting therapy and CBT training, feeling happy through service, etc.
I guess there is something to Empty Nest Syndrome or something like that. LOL! More Lack Of controL!